Newbie needs help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bru71

Feb 16, 2023
PA
Hello,
I am considering the Jotul F500 V3 Oslo. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this stove. The dealer recommended this stove when I said I was looking at Quad 5700.

Hello,
I am considering the Jotul F500 V3 Oslo. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this stove. The dealer recommended this stove when I said I was looking at Quad 5700.
We purchased this stove in 2020. first one needed to be replaced was not intact, 2nd stove burned nicely but the catalytic combustor fell apart first season, got a replacement. 2nd is falling apart. and now the stove does not burn like it did first season, smoking, losing draft. Contacted dealer no help, contacted Jotul still awaiting their reply. and read fine print re: 20yr cat warranty. would not recomment