Newbie Quadrafire Sante Fe user needs help getting heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up going out the back for the OAK. I rented a hammer drill from Home Depot with a core drill bit to go through the brick. The owner of the home didn't want to go through the cleanout or up the chimney, so out the back was the only option. It worked out nicely and looks really clean too. BTW, the owner is very happy with his stove!

I ended up going out the back for the OAK. I rented a hammer drill from Home Depot with a core drill bit to go through the brick. The owner of the home didn't want to go through the cleanout or up the chimney, so out the back was the only option. It worked out nicely and looks really clean too. BTW, the owner is very happy with his stove!
Did you fabricate a 90 to send the OAK toward the back from the small hole on the side or use something off the shelf?

I used the optional OAK that Quadrafire offers.

Just an update of where I'm at with my stove. I installed a OAK on Thursday and ran my stove from that evening till this afternoon on HIGH and it never got over 69 degrees in the same room as the stove and 61 in the bedrooms. The air temp outside was between 25 and 30 during this time.
The cabin is 768 sq. ft. on the main floor with the cathedral ceiling and loft which I figure might add another 500 sq. ft.
It was built in 2009 and is 2x6 construction with sheathing,Tyvek and quarter log.
Unless sun hits the roof the snow stays and no icicles.
I just have to believe 30,000 btu's is not efficient enough.
The dealer is willing to take it back minus the exhaust pipe,OAK and log set my wife insisted on and give me a deal on a Enviro M55. I'd have to buy all new pipe since I'd be going from 3" to 4".
Also my son might be interested in buying it.
Is there such a thing as to much stove?
I'm kicking my behind for not doing my research.

No such thing as To large of a unit... Can always turn a large stove down

Can't turn a small stove up any higher than Max setting.

The M-55 is a pretty solid unit. Lots here have it and love it.

Reactions: jtakeman
I still think something's up. This is my current status in nearly 1970 sq ft. It's been on low the last two hours. Ill switch it back to medium and let the tstat take over for the night. I've been to -15 this winter and never a worry. I ran it full bore those nights but we made it through. I'm also two stories. No vaulted ceiling and my floor plan and stove placement work great luckily, but almost 2000 squares regardless.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361684515.805909.jpg

Let's see how much of your cabin is window or door area?

Visit builditsolar.com and fill in all of the heat loss calculator blanks hit calculate and tell us what it says.

If Dinger is getting that kind of results I have to agree with him that something's up. It's under warranty so I'm just going to have the service guy out and make sure I'm not missing something.
Never having a pellet stove before maybe it's not burning like it should even thou it looks to me like it is.
Thanks for all the advice.

This was our result last night. Both numbers are lows. The stove stat was set on 71 with a 2• swing, so it went on call at 69, probably lost a degree during start up but never more than 1. It was on medium all night. Woke up this am to 73.

Personally, I think having my ceiling fan turning the proper direction has improved our results greatly. I turn it off for a couple hours in the evening to let heat travel upstairs, but leave it on for the rest of the day usually.

Good luck. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361731111.973534.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.