Newbie to buy Comfortbilt???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just tells the stove there is a fire on and is warm enough to run

If you see it stop feeding wiggle the wires to the lid switch. Does the auger indicator seem to be staying on 1.3 and off 2.7 seconds?

Feed rate is consistent with those times on Level 2. I will watch it close to see if it stops and wiggle the lid switch wires if it does.

Attachments

• EB3EC312-7F1E-4E09-B969-5F20724252D8.jpeg
    EB3EC312-7F1E-4E09-B969-5F20724252D8.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 176
Tell him I told you to call. Turn the cleaning cycle to zero on both settings next time you try it.

Turned the cleaning cycle down and I hooked the lower limit switch back up. Too much hassle to start it with it jumped and figured it was fine since it didn’t have any effect. It ran for over 8 hours after all that. Talked to Jonathan this morning and he’s shipping the boards today. I’ll keep you posted.

Alright, deep breath. Boards came in and I have them replaced. Just lit the stove with the new components. Left all settings (combustion blower, ash cleaning cycle, etc.) at factory defaults. Vacuum switch is still jumped. Side panels closed.

Everything looked good on ignition and it has started heating. First observation is the auger seems louder? That could be my imagination... Fingers crossed. Let’s see what happens in an hour or so.

Yeah well... I’m tired of screwing with it! lol

Yes, it’s still running. Seven hours straight. Seems the factory default settings run hotter with similar pellet consumption. Cranked it up to level five and it’s some serious fire. Didn’t leave it there long for fear of overheating. Got the HT up to 137 degrees and everything functioned correctly still. Turned it back down to level one and HT came back down to 120-125ish. Hoping to keep it going through the night and all day tomorrow before it needs a clean out.

Wound up running for over 40 hours straight before I let it run out and cool down for a cleaning. After I cleaned it and fired it back up it has been going for another 12 hours or so. I think it safe to say its fixed. Thanks one more time for all the help, @JRemington!

Wound up running for over 40 hours straight before I let it run out and cool down for a cleaning. After I cleaned it and fired it back up it has been going for another 12 hours or so. I think it safe to say its fixed. Thanks one more time for all the help, @JRemington!
Good to hear. The only problem is it would be nice to know if it was the daughter board or the mother board.

Update. Just had a brand new replacement stove installed. This stove is completely different from the first one. this stove blows out really hot air in the flame is perfect. But still the major problem is the funneling. I believe all comfortbilt stoves must do this. I have sprayed silicone in hole Hopper. I have put dry graphite in with the pellets. I smooth it down with steel wool first. No difference 4 hours and 25 minutes I got before stove went out. Stoves are supposed to light for at minimum 13 + hours without touching them. Which is why we purchased. Don't know what the solution would be?

Maybe it’s the pellets you’re using? When it gets too dusty in my hopper they tend to cling to the sides more. I make it a practice to open the lid and rake the pellets off the sides every once in a while with my hand. Not a big deal in my opinion. I have vacuumed the hopper out once, haven’t tried any treatment inside the hopper yet. Have heard car wax helps. Plan to do something when the heating season is over.

I actually on 3 occasions loaded our stove full and then weighed out what pellets were left after the stove went out. I could load about 45 pounds and had on average 11 pounds in the hopper when it went out. So we get about 34 pounds of usage. How is it only lasting 4 hours?

@JRemington just cleaned it out and put my 60th bag of pellets in. Running like a champ!
:ZZZ:):):ZZZ

Attachments

• 022F11F6-5628-4F15-BFF0-D52037CB38EC.jpeg
    022F11F6-5628-4F15-BFF0-D52037CB38EC.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited: