Newbie to buy Comfortbilt???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have already tried jumping the low limit switch last week. It didn’t work.

I’m ready to try a new board. Anything to get this thing up and running consistently before the really cold weather sets in.

This is odd. It’s showing the auger running but it isn’t. Any of the switches that would shut it off would also remove that icon from the screen, but it’s not. There is a capacitor but I don’t think that’s it. The only thing left is the harness, motherboard and Daughterboard. Call them in the morning and tell them I said it’s time to swap the boards. They may as well send both. I’m still thinking you can look at the harness from the auger to the board if you like. I forgot. It could also be in the ribbon cable. Speaking of, unplug the cable and plug it back in good and firmly.

I just remembered. A couple months ago our guys installed one and the auger didn’t work. They brought it back and If I recall after I unplugged the daughter board and plugged it back in it started working.

I'm working a short day today, so when I get home I will check all the wires at the auger motor and the daughterboard. I will contact Jonathon at ComfortBilt also and get the boards shipped out.

Yes I do. I have looked at them and adjusted them in the past.
The stove has been operating normally since Tuesday. Just ran an entire bag of pellets through it over the last day or so. Zero issues. Crappy pellets even.
The only thing I have changed is the surge strip the stove is plugged into. Got to wondering about the boards and voltages, etc. so I bought a new surge strip. The old one was one we had laying around the house.
If it acts up again I figure to get the boards ordered from Jonathon.

Yes I do. I have looked at them and adjusted them in the past.
The stove has been operating normally since Tuesday. Just ran an entire bag of pellets through it over the last day or so. Zero issues. Crappy pellets even.
The only thing I have changed is the surge strip the stove is plugged into. Got to wondering about the boards and voltages, etc. so I bought a new surge strip. The old one was one we had laying around the house.
If it acts up again I figure to get the boards ordered from Jonathon.
Is it still running ok? How did you get the pass code to get into the feed settings? I have one other question. Have you settings ever changed on their own after shutting the stove off? Particularly the temp changing from Fahrenheit back to centigrade on its own?

It just quit on me this afternoon after 24 hours straight, and I have restarted it twice since and it’s ran about 40 mins each time before quitting again.

I didn’t need a passcode to change the feed rate, it’s on one of the menus. I go to the Set Data menu, then Option #3 is Set Combustion and then I can adjust feed rate, exhaust blower voltage and blower voltage for each level.

Never have had settings change on me.

Your daughter board is completely different than any we have. Can you snap me a picture? I’m wondering if you have the wrong board. This ones driving me nuts, lol.

I get it. It’s bugging the crap out of me too. Lol Here’s a few shots and the main views. I can get more pics of specific menus if you’d like.
One thing I just noticed is what model number is listed on the information screen. HP60S_V01 ?? My insert is the HP22i-SS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 275
What are your feed rates set at?

I just hand fed it through it trying to quit at around the 50 min mark this morning.

Here’s why I feel it’s related to hopper temperature:

When it started to quit the hopper temp was at 105. I hand fed it and opened the side panels, kept it going and when the hopper temp got down to 98-95 it started feeding again. But, I don’t believe that’s why it quit yesterday after 24 hours straight though... last I saw the hopper temp yesterday it was in the upper 80’s running on level one. This morning I was running on level two when it got to 105 at the hopper.

What is the high temperature limit? And where is the hopper temperature probe? Does it make sense that something somewhere is getting warm and causing the auger to not feed? Even though the daughterboard says it is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 334
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 369
On setting 5 you’re going to have a raging inferno. That setting is off. Are you running it on 5 often?
It’s a pretty good fire, not raging and no, I run mostly on 1 or 2

1. 10/30. 2. 13/27. 3. 15/25. 4. 20/20. 5. 22/18.

Interesting, the settings I sent are how it came. I adjusted level 5 once when I was trying to figure this out, but I set it back to the original. I will adjust them to what you have specified and report back.

Your exhaust voltage is to low on 1 and 2. They should be 102 and 104. Your settings on 1 and 2 can cause an issue.

Made the adjustments to the feed settings this morning and it just went out again. I adjusted the exhaust voltage just now. When it cools down I will re light and report back. Keep the tweaks coming! Are the exhaust voltages good on 3, 4, 5 with the new feed rates?

Made the adjustments to the feed settings this morning and it just went out again. I adjusted the exhaust voltage just now. When it cools down I will re light and report back. Keep the tweaks coming! Are the exhaust voltages good on 3, 4, 5 with the new feed rates?
Those are fine. I’d turn 3,4 and five to 115. My main concern is the setting on 5. Did you run it on that at all? At that feed rate the stove would go well over 200 degrees and would shut off the auger.

Those are fine. I’d turn 3,4 and five to 115. My main concern is the setting on 5. Did you run it on that at all? At that feed rate the stove would go well over 200 degrees and would shut off the auger.

Ok, I adjusted the exhaust on 3, 4, and 5 just now. But with the adjustments to the feed rate and exhaust on 1 and 2 this morning it still went out... my goal is really just to run at 1 or 2 consistently. I don’t think I’ll ever need more than that heat wise.

I will re-light it (again) and run it up and down through the levels and see what happens with the fire.

Here’s one last thing I’d like you to do before I fly to your house and smash that thing with a hammer, lol. The L on your screen is for the lid switch, not the low limit switch on the combustion blower. I want you to take the two wires off of the low limit switch before you start up the stove. I then want you to start the stove. I believe it will say ignite on your screen. As soon as the pellets ignite I want you to jump the two wires from the low limit switch together and leave them jumped. I’m wondering if the switch is randomly opening and closing while the stove is running. The switch will normally close once the stove temperature hits 120 degrees and should not open again until the stove temperature drops down to under 120 degrees. If it’s opening while it is running the auger will stop feeding.

Here’s one last thing I’d like you to do before I fly to your house and smash that thing with a hammer, lol. The L on your screen is for the lid switch, not the low limit switch on the combustion blower. I want you to take the two wires off of the low limit switch before you start up the stove. I then want you to start the stove. I believe it will say ignite on your screen. As soon as the pellets ignite I want you to jump the two wires from the low limit switch together and leave them jumped. I’m wondering if the switch is randomly opening and closing while the stove is running. The switch will normally close once the stove temperature hits 120 degrees and should not open again until the stove temperature drops down to under 120 degrees. If it’s opening while it is running the auger will stop feeding.

I just had it lit and was trying to run through the levels and it went out again. I’m willing to let you come out with your hammer at this point, lol.

Once it cools, I’ll slide it out of the hearth and attempt the start up procedure you laid out. It kind of makes sense, it all seems temperature related.