Newbie to buy Comfortbilt???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I actually on 3 occasions loaded our stove full and then weighed out what pellets were left after the stove went out. I could load about 45 pounds and had on average 11 pounds in the hopper when it went out. So we get about 34 pounds of usage. How is it only lasting 4 hours?
I clean stove and hopper every 3 days. I vacuum the hopper where pellets go. I load the hopper, with a 40 pound bag and some from another bag maybe totaling 43 lbs. I turn it on manual mode. Now since I scrubbed the whole inside down with Scotch-Brite I get about 6 hours 45 minutes before my stove will shut off because of pellets not feeding because of funneling. so I can't leave this on when I'm at work for eight and a half hours or sleeping because it will eventually go out. If my Hopper is only half full I will have to put my hands in the hopper every hour hour and a half to keep it going. I don't know what the solution is. This is my second stove in 5 months old one did the same thing. I have tried spray silicone and the Scotch-Brite. Don't know what else to do.

@JRemington just cleaned it out and put my 60th bag of pellets in. Running like a champ!
:ZZZ:):):ZZZ
You have same control board I have but totally different settings as in the menu. I'm glad it's working good now. I'm just hoping someday I get at least 10 hours of burn time before I have to lift the lid. But since I got this unit replaced it's 100% better than the one I first bought

You have same control board I have but totally different settings as in the menu. I'm glad it's working good now. I'm just hoping someday I get at least 10 hours of burn time before I have to lift the lid. But since I got this unit replaced it's 100% better than the one I first bought
Has anyone adjusted the feed settings on your stove? They may be to high.