News from Asia...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StihlHead

OK, so a friend of mine is on assignment in Asia and he came across this place...

beefrectum.jpg

Reactions: firebroad and quads
BON APETIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda puts new meaning to the old saying....."I was soooo hungry, I could eat the A_ _ H_ _E out of a Hobby Horse........" LOL

They say the packing house uses everything but the moo. I think the green letter sign in the rear behind below part of the picture says Asahi beer. I would start with a few of those.

A lot of restaurants in Japan have very realistic three-D models of each menu item. You just look at the very appealing full size models and pick out the meal you want. The artists that make those models are very talented. I wish I could have been in the office when they came in and told the sculptor to make a model of this menu item. That conversation would have been priceless.

You wan flies wi tat?

Reactions: StihlHead
OMG
Do you think it might be chitterlings? You know how some things in the Far East defy translation...

Here we call it sausage casing.

Any way you spell it, it tastes like ----.

Well, I thought that the sign would appeal to this forum as they are 'smoked'...

My friend there says there are all kinds of bad English translated signs all lover Asia.

Well, I thought that the sign would appeal to this forum as they are 'smoked'...

My friend there says there are all kinds of bad English translated signs all lover Asia.
Kind of like that?;lol

Mmmm...Smoked Butt.

lover asia... smoked butt? Yikes! :eek: I must have made a good move not to take that asian engineering "support" job that he wound up with.

I assure you that it was a typo though, and not Engrish. Serially. Me luv you lung time. No drippy dick!

I'm now inspired to write a letter to various asian consulates offering my services as restaurant sign translator extraordinaire. I'll fix them right up. Always funny when they mistranlate it as "Beef". Those guys are funny.

Just a head's up for anyone going to that site. It attempts to put some malware on your computer.

Just a head's up for anyone going to that site. It attempts to put some malware on your computer.
Thanks for the warning! Although a bit late for me. I think my antivirus protected me that time, though;)

No problem Steve. Just wanted to let folks know and keep them aware that these things happen a lot on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.