Newspapers harder to find for starting fires

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Restraunt bags? I am trying to support local businesses, all but one of them give me my lunch in a paper sack.

Every week the fire station gets a bunch of local entertainment newspapers called (appropriately enough The Weekly). I wait to let co-workers grab them and after a few days when everyone that has wanted one has grabbed one I keep the rest for burning. I actually prefer them vs. our daily newspaper as they burn better -- perhaps due to less clay content.

Reactions: theora55
sawdust a little vegtable oil and a paper tube of some sort to stuff the mix in. Wax too expensive.

I've found that plain old paper towels work the best. Plus I use a butane creme brulee torch.