Next Donor Stove: Vermont Castings Small Winterwarm Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Woo hoo!

Stove number three will be an insert. Spoke with the dealer donating it yesterday and he said basically just come and get it when I want it.

Also, since Selkirk just bought heat fab, I believe they will again be donating a system, although this time it will be a rigid, insulating chimney liner!

We're shooting for Northeast PA this time, this way Hogz, Myself and others in that area can come. Hopefully Warren can make it for this one too! And also, my dad was bugging me that he wanted to help with another installation, since he was a part of the first stove.

Hey Corie, is the donation from The Stove Shop in Phoenixville? I was there for the first time last week to check out the Dutchwest insert. Seems like a nice shop, credibility goes up for me to hear if it's them donating...

Man that a small insert, but hell, easier to install. Do us both a favor and get the rigid, but get 5' of flex for the bottom.

Will do!

It looks like it might be in Stroudsburg as of right now.

I'll keep you informed homie.

Is that thing made any differently than mine??

T

Stove was not a great heater - nor very popular. However, there was nothing really wrong with it. It would be great for someone with a reasonably insulated house and smaller woodpile.

Make certain you check out the blowers and other mechanicals before installing. On the older models, the fan was in the rear and you had to pull the insert to service....so test it well beforehand!

I will payal $50 toward gas or pizza when I have a chance since a late $50 has floated into the "fund".

BTW, the Corie Reno fund worked out about perfectly - enough for the basics and travel, but Thomas and I let Corie do a tiny bit of gambling with OUR money.....and, of course, MSG as well as the industry in general, watered him to excess.

I think Thomas was the only one to go home still ahead - at one point he was $1800 ahead, but I am certain that he spent that on meals and other good stuff....he insisted on paying all his relatives for food even though they wanted to feed him for free. Thomas just can't be "bought".

Yeah, it certainly has a tiny firebox. Only 1.26 cu. ft. The first family who has responded sounds like their house might be a little on the big side for that insert.

Surprisingly, I haven't received the flurry of emails I received last time when posting about the stove being available.

And yes the Corie-Reno fund was perfect. I was good with food, luckily I was able to eat some free food at some of the manufacturer's booths and parties. That helped save me a bunch of money because I didn't have to pay for dinner those nights and then of course if I was with Thomas, he would hear nothing of me paying for anything with him.

Glad to hear there's $50 left! It'll be nice to have a little pizza party afterwards for everyone that comes to help. I know its a trip for some of you New Englanders, but I'm trying to move more Northeast so more of you can come down, meet people and help out!

Corie said:
Will do!

It looks like it might be in Stroudsburg as of right now.

I'll keep you informed homie.

Stroudsburg works, thats not that far from here. Now, is it a rancher? with a walkable roof? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.