No exhaust blower in the 1100I Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myshelf22

Oct 4, 2010
central indiana
I have had a the 1100 I quadrafire for several years and have had no problems I couldn't fix myself until now. I plug this unit in and the exhaust fan doesn't come on I checked #3 snap switch and replaced the control module and I am still not getting power to the blower. does anyone have a wireing diagram for this guy it sure would help me out or better yet ever run into this problem and have a fix for it.
Dave

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a multimeter? If so please verify the voltage on the wires going to the combustion blower.

I did some work on my unit today and whenever I work on it I always turn it on after closing the covers to make certain it still works. Well my combustion fan didn't start up at all. After scratching my head for a bit I located my multimeter pulled the stoves AC plug and the lines going to the combustion blower, attached the meter, plugged the stove back in and pressed the on button, there was juice, reconnecting the blower wires there was an operating blower. What I think happened is that I loosened one of the connectors so the motor didn't see the power that was there.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a multimeter? If so please verify the voltage on the wires going to the combustion blower.

I did some work on my unit today and whenever I work on it I always turn it on after closing the covers to make certain it still works. Well my combustion fan didn't start up at all. After scratching my head for a bit I located my multimeter pulled the stoves AC plug and the lines going to the combustion blower, attached the meter, plugged the stove back in and pressed the on button, there was juice, reconnecting the blower wires there was an operating blower. What I think happened is that I loosened one of the connectors so the motor didn't see the power that was there.

I am going to bring a meter home tomorrow and after work i will see exactly what is going on. If anyone could come up with a wiring diagram it would be sooooo helpful

I am going to bring a meter home tomorrow and after work i will see exactly what is going on. If anyone could come up with a wiring diagram it would be sooooo helpful

I have one from a castile. Maybe it will help?

Attachments

• castile wiring.jpg
    castile wiring.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 25,976
Here is the blower wiring for the 1100i

PM me you email and I will forward you the service manual for the 1100i and anything else I can find.

Attachments

• 1100i blower wiring.jpg
    1100i blower wiring.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,556
Status
Not open for further replies.