No Fan In The PE Insert .... 0F Coming My Way ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yikes !!

Gonna get interesting, to say the least.

Extended front, I've got a fan running across the glass, not to shabby. Ceiling fans in mode.

IMG_20181109_061708.jpg

We'll see how it goes :mad:

Reactions: pernox
Dog seems ok with things.

Reactions: Dix
Put a standing fan 10 feet opposite the insert on "low". It will help a lot.

Have box fans, no standing fans. I have a box fan at the other end of the house pushing air into the den (PE lives there) that has 2 door openings that recirculate.

Have box fans, no standing fans. I have a box fan at the other end of the house pushing air into the den (PE lives there) that has 2 door openings that recirculate.
That might work. Black Friday tomorrow, you might be able to pick up something "cheap".

That might work. Black Friday tomorrow, you might be able to pick up something "cheap".

Tenative ETA for new insert fan is 3 weeks.

Moral of this story .... clean your fan assembly, I didn't and it died ;em

I cannot believe that a skilled petroleum engineer can't help when the problem boils down to "It's too cold in here". ;lol

If any one is gonna get through this, it's gonna be me :cool:

Reactions: begreen
Stay warm Dix, the chill is on.

Reactions: Dix
I cannot believe that a skilled petroleum engineer can't help when the problem boils down to "It's too cold in here". ;lol
Again, I am not an engineer. I am an analytical chemist. That's like a butcher vs a baker.

Okay here it is; an engineer designs processes. An analytical chemist looks at those designs, breaks them down in small pieces and analyses them. That's what I used to do. These days, I travel the world and teach people how to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: moresnow
Meh, I bet YOUR solution doesn't involve any towering flames that blot out the night sky.

Quit giving away my secrets !!!!!

:p

I must say .... not doing to shabby. At 0F, house didnot drop below 72F.

I'll take it !

If any one is gonna get through this, it's gonna be me :cool:
They should replace that ol drama queen on Life Below Zero with you Dix. I hope you got the aftermarket equivalent, much cheaper for the same product.

Congrats Dix. You just got promoted to "he". ;lol;lol;lol

Reactions: BrotherBart
*Red Alert*...... Dix not happy..... clogged cap :mad:

Calvary coming at 8 AM tomorrow !!