NoFossil Control System Exploratory Survey

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
happy said:
Hi Nofossil,

Do you have any plans to include support for 1-wire sensors in your system? I think it will be very halpful for people like us who already use 1-wire hardware.1-wire hardware is very easy to install because it can use continuous pair of wire to carry all data across whole system and each piece of hardware have their unique ID like IP address .There are lot of free open source software but nothing is user friendly.I use Misterhouse software right now. Please contact me if you need the hardware for testing .I have following hardware & all are well documented on google :

HA7NET - ETHERNET HOST
TIA8558 - 4 RELAY BOARD BASED ON DS2408 SWITCH SENSOR
18B20 SENSORS
TIA8590 - lCD DISPLAY

That's a great idea. I heven't pursued it very far because I have a working solution for myself, but I can see the attraction. The HA7NET might be a really clean way to interface 1-wire with the NFCS. Where are you in the Northeast? PM me and we can discuss next steps. I'd love to have hardware to do some quick integration and testing, and 1-wire support would be an interesting feature to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.