Northeast wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

summit

Minister of Fire
Aug 22, 2008
central maine
We just got a truckload, the Ashland plant is back up and running after the big fire of a couple yrs ago. haven't burned but a bag on demo, but they look nice, seem to burn right. Very light in color, no bark bits, almost look like Okies.... they are a world different than their 2008-09 product that was almost gray in color. Has anyone got any yet?

If we got some down here, sure like to give them a try . Never saw them in stores .

summit said:
We just got a truckload, the Ashland plant is back up and running after the big fire of a couple yrs ago. haven't burned but a bag on demo, but they look nice, seem to burn right. Very light in color, no bark bits, almost look like Okies.... they are a world different than their 2008-09 product that was almost gray in color. Has anyone got any yet?

Hello

Here is their web site
http://www.northeastpellets.net/

Did you get their "Green Heat" Wood Pellets?

Here is a quote from PelletPro from this forum. >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31336/

Up here in Northern Maine, we have many many brands of pellets to choose from but Northeast Pellets seem to have the best BTU�s with the lowest ash. Less than .5 of 1 % and the BTU�s are between 8600 and 8750. I believe they are a blend of hard and soft wood. Very light in color and clean, low dust. Why not buy local and support local businesses ?
In our area, prices currently are ranging from 240/ton to 299/ton.
For those of you who have asked about where to get Northeast Pellets in Central and Southern Maine, I know they sell down that way but not sure where. Call the mill and ask. Matt, the President and Audrey the Office Manager are really nice people and easy to talk to.
call 207-435-6230 to find out where you can get them.
I have burnt over 4 tons so far this year!

From SpringBrook Ice and Fuel
http://www.springbrookfuel.com/Products/fuel-products-solid.html

Northeast Pellets are back!

$228 per ton $5.50 per bag

Considered to be the best softwood pellet made in New England prior to the fire two years ago, we are excited that this Maine plant is back in operation. The pellet actually contains about 20% hardwood. You will love the high heat and low maintenance aspect of these pellets.

we've got the one's witht he old school logo.

well. my main task today here onsite is finding suppliers of good pellets who deliver to the millinocket area.

i'll be calling these folks tomorrow as they seem to be my best shot so far at getting high quality pellets delivered to our new home.
but i'll still ask today, do any of you in northern main take home delivery from northeast or know the areas they cover for delivery?

i'm starting to compile a list of companies i will have to choose from up there (we should be moved in sometime in october)

any tips you can share will be appreciated. any companies to avoid?
there is a company right as you enter millinocket (coming in from east millinocket) who have a sign up for pellets for sale.
i wish i had written their number down on one of out trips up there when we were looking at the house.

i did see nicatou stoves in medway listed in the fuel price reports.

St_Earl said:
well. my main task today here onsite is finding suppliers of good pellets who deliver to the millinocket area.

i'll be calling these folks tomorrow as they seem to be my best shot so far at getting high quality pellets delivered to our new home.
but i'll still ask today, do any of you in northern main take home delivery from northeast or know the areas they cover for delivery?

i'm starting to compile a list of companies i will have to choose from up there (we should be moved in sometime in october)

any tips you can share will be appreciated. any companies to avoid?
there is a company right as you enter millinocket (coming in from east millinocket) who have a sign up for pellets for sale.
i wish i had written their number down on one of out trips up there when we were looking at the house.

i did see nicatou stoves in medway listed in the fuel price reports.

www.sibwoodpellets.com should definitely be on your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.