Northern Tool Gasification Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jamieac said:
I am looking into getting an outdoor wood boiler and found what theya re calling a gasification boiler at northern tool. I have tried to find info via search engines but can seem to egt any more info on them? Was wondering if anybody new anything about them? Thanks jamie
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200359867_200359867

I can't tell you the first thing about them, never heard of the brand/make. I can however tell you that on line, without seeing a unit firsthand would be the LAST way I would buy any gasification boiler, or other heating equipment for that matter. Northern is known for low prices and quality to match in these parts.

I've sold all kinds of products ranging from Campbell's soup and chain saws, to dairy equipment and clothing and I have to say that in heating equipment, more than any other product category I've ever dealt with, you definitely get what you pay for. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Caveat Emptor

Interesting, there aren't any reviews yet...

Chris

Where is the gasification chamber?

Looks like they are keying into the "gasification" word knowing that wise shoppers are searching for this technology.

Here we go... won't be long before "gasification is in every wood burning product description.

Like fuel efficient SUVs

hr

Thanks guys, thats what i thought about it but was hoping someone would say they new it was a good unit, but as always it sounds lile u get what you pay for and it isnt really a gasifiier as i didnt see where the second chamber would be loacter either.

ugenetoo said:
master of sparks said:
Like fuel efficient SUVs

hr
dont want to hijack this, but just what is a "crossover" the auto companies are hawking about in their ads?

A crossover or XUV is a smaller SUV that's based on a car platform instead of a truck. Some do it better than others as far as economy goes.

Just wanted to add to the conversation...HEATER MAN,your on the money,KEEP STRAIGHT SHOOTIN yours and others knowledge on this site like Master of Sparks,NoFossil,Eric &Craig;just to name a few, will help save energy money and lives!!!!!
A TRUE THANKS FROM MYSELF AND OTHERS DAVE

Did anyone click on the large image. It is a computer drawing isn"t it? This thing probably is a Central boiler.BTW, talked to a rep at the MREA. He said their unit is using 30% less wood than the original

Yes, computer rendering!

This does not look anything like the CB new unit.....but who knows? It would be very tempting for any company to get distribution through Northern......

But, yes, I agree that I would not want to be the guinea pig for an unknown unit........

Status
Not open for further replies.