Norway on track to reach 100% EV sales in the next 2 years

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance that many current truck owners are going electric anytime soon here at those prices...Add a newly imposed luxury tax onto that price as well.
$130k? Canadian Dollars? ;lol

What am I missing? Around here, 2-year old off-lease 1500 pickups are still $32k - $42k, at 8k to 25k miles in excellent condition. I just verified pricing at my local dealer.

View attachment 308969Not a chance that many current truck owners are going electric anytime soon here at those prices...Add a newly imposed luxury tax onto that price as well.
You need to make at least 100k units a year to get price competition between battery and ICE. Until then I recon ICE will always be cheaper.

Reactions: mcdougy
Horrid images of abuse abound in some third-world countries. Children are often used for mining. They would in this country too if not for changes negotiated by unions.

How do we stand the starving, bone-thin kids in Ethiopia when we have entire aisles in the grocery store laden with chips and another just for soda pop or beer? When we come close to wasting as much food as we eat?!
What about ism's to save the planet, I love it :)
Unions still allowed for child labor, they just worked to ensure it was safer. Not safe, ...safer. It took years to get kids out of harms way.

Bone thin kids in ethiopia is part reality part photo op. I used to donate to charities and would wonder why this prevailed. I wont go into it here, but that's a messed up country and someone needs to take it over. That's the only thing that will solve the problem.

We have a big issue here with big pharma / big food, an insidious issue.

$130k? Canadian Dollars? ;lol

What am I missing? Around here, 2-year old off-lease 1500 pickups are still $32k - $42k, at 8k to 25k miles in excellent condition. I just verified pricing at my local dealer.

Those F150's are the Lightning EV.

List price in the states for a platinum lighting with the big battery is 97k still crazy but nowhere near that price. But ice truck prices are insane if you go top of the line as well. But honestly all the prices listed there are insane. That Miata is 10k over max price of a new one.

Reactions: SpaceBus and Ashful
List price in the states for a platinum lighting with the big battery is 97k still crazy but nowhere near that price. But ice truck prices are insane if you go top of the line as well. But honestly all the prices listed there are insane. That Miata is 10k over max price of a new one.
ICE F150 platinum starts at 65K the limited starts at 85K

ICE F150 platinum starts at 65K the limited starts at 85K
Yeah starts at. That price I listed was the top (without destination charge for the lighting. It still definitely costs more but not that much more

I hear you. But don't forget those are Canuck dollars, which are exchanging at only 75 cents, today.

What about ism's to save the planet, I love it :)
Unions still allowed for child labor, they just worked to ensure it was safer. Not safe, ...safer. It took years to get kids out of harms way.

Bone thin kids in ethiopia is part reality part photo op. I used to donate to charities and would wonder why this prevailed. I wont go into it here, but that's a messed up country and someone needs to take it over. That's the only thing that will solve the problem.

We have a big issue here with big pharma / big food, an insidious issue.
Because the problems couldn't possibly stem from the time the region was taken over, run into the ground, and then improperly divided.

Because the problems couldn't possibly stem from the time the region was taken over, run into the ground, and then improperly divided.
No that couldn't possibly be the issue. Well one of them

Reactions: SpaceBus
The thread has gone a long way from the remarkable transition that Norway has accomplished. Getting lost in the weeds is part of why the US is falling behind.

thread derailed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.