Not good!! Looks like I'm buying wood for half of the season.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very fortunate that my BIL & FIL came over to split 3 cord of rounds I had in a heap on my driveway 2 years ago when I was out of commission with a broken leg/ankle. My "adopted father" and his son also trucked in another 1.5 cord plus scrounged the wood the utility was cutting off the power lines that day. I remember being outside on crutches in 4 degree weather talking to the arborist that came to take down 3 oaks that were a threat to the house.

+1 on letting it heal. I'm pretty much back to normal on that leg/ankle now with no regular pain. Just a twinge when the weather is just right.

wvwoodchuck said:
This place is great. I didn't get this many get wells' from the bio family. Good thing my woodcutting family is there!! Thanks everyone.
Vincent- I'm near Lewisburg, WV. Proud to be a hillbilly!! I'm hoping that after the first week or two, I'll be able to load the stove with the good arm.
Luckily, so far this year it's still been pretty warm. My wife had the shoes pulled from the draft horse since I'm out for the next couple months.
Zap- I'll have to take pictures of something to post. Maybe a picture of my wife loading the stove. :) She's a good woman. She puts up with me.

In case I don't make it back on here before Thursday.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Lewisburg a nice town, I have been camping north of there at Sherwood Lake. Also, ran 219 to Marlington on several occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.