Oil Lamp placement ideas please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

redmanlcs

Burning Hunk
Nov 20, 2017
West Virginia
2.PNG
I have a couple of these. They were cheap and I'm hoping they can be useful during power outages that we constantly have here up in the sticks. The woodstove has worked out great. I love the look of these lamps and would like a nice place to put them when not in use, or use where they are mounted or set. I want to mount these on the wall with the look preferable of steampunk, which in my view is metal, antique looking, interesting and useable. I like the look of these candle holders............22.PNGWhat would you use to hold a couple of oil lamps on the wall? any ideas would be appreciated. If you have any lamps like these, and you show them off,, what did you use? ... i have searched "candle holders".. "lamp brackets" and many more things and can't really find anything that I like that would work... they seem either too flimsy to hold the lamps or just too small altogether... let me see your ideas!!

1575201680868.png
1575201712159.png
I just saw your question...I love these lamps too so I've found a couple of brackets to show you... One is listed on Amazon (I didn't look to see if it was 'still' available-but at least that gives you a lead) and the other is from "B& P Lamp supply". I know of another site that I can't find right now... I'll keep looking.
p.s.--the bronze lamp should not be hanging from that loop on the lamp...always hang from the long handle. I'm not sure why they'd do that and think it's acceptable.

Not an answer but a side note:
We keep oil lamps around for outages and have found that we don't like storing the oil in them between use. It evaporates away through the wick slowly and sometimes there's a noticeable odor. It also means there's less to burn when we need it.
Aladdin oil lamps rock BTW. They really put out some light.

Reactions: ispinwool
Ok...here's a couple more that I found...
this one is just a shelf bracket: you'd just have to be sure it's big/long enough so the lantern won't touch the wall...
1575230781591.png

Even just a chunk of wood would work; maybe just add a hook. (this one is electric, but you get the idea)
1575231330149.png

p.s.--my google search: "How to hang an oil lantern on the wall"...lots of options pop up.
p.p.s.--Lehmans in Ohio is a good resource for oil lantern accouterments too...I didn't find much on the
website but if you call, they might be able to help you. (I've been to the store. It's overwhelming in person!!
it's no wonder they can't put everything online!)