ok military types, show off the insignia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
ok grunts, jarheads, squids, coasties, airedales and the like, dig up the patches, insignias and such, post "associations" you belong to or links to your unit sites and such. where did ya serve , what did ya do?

Oh, Mike, you don't want me to try to describe a 30+-year career in pictures of patches, plaques, coffee mugs, ball caps, whatever. I'll put up two pics. There will be many folks who've not really much of a clue exactly what they're looking at...and that's cool, why should they? No big deal. But there will be a few who know.

career1.jpg career2.jpg

Never went anywhere hot & sandy with friendly locals while I was in (bit of an accidental war-dodger, and been out for a few months now), so I'll just put my various cap-badges up...

300px-2150935084a2740357213b712798963l.jpg
200px-Royal_Engineers_Cap_Badge.jpg

1stavbge.jpg
243rdpatch.gif
10thcab.jpg
wargamespatch.gif

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 137
  • watchingtheload.jpg
    watchingtheload.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 123
  • BobHope1997.jpg
    BobHope1997.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 134
How about pics of you guyz in uniform too dammit....:D

Reactions: Jack Straw
How about pics of you guyz in uniform too dammit....:D
Don't think I have any - must be so ugly the camera cracked. Closest I've got is one of me at the end of the Rock Run in Gibraltar (2.6 miles, 1200 ft climb) in sports kit with my rocket pouch on looking VERY sweaty, and some photos of a series of bushes (one of which might contain me) putting in an attack.

My places of business through the years: (of course I had others that didn't float interspersed along the way)
ogden.jpg TAE.jpg 790px-USS_Reasoner_(FF-1063).jpg 792px-USS_David_R__Ray_DD-971.jpg 300px-Uss_ranger_cv-61.jpg uss-kitty-hawk-cv-63.jpg

For those that don't know...I had the privilege to share one of those flat tops with Fossil. Same cruise, same time.

(bottom - middle pic. USS Ranger)

Our unit hitched a ride with Fossil's friends. I came later.On Pan Am.

nelsonwalker.jpg
ship.jpg

Attachments

• CH47shrinkwrap.jpg
    CH47shrinkwrap.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 129
  • sailing2.jpg
    sailing2.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 128
I have a "soft spot"for for Navy men....msp_blushing.gif
I come from a "Navy" family.....
But they would not take me when I tried to join dammit...
Wonder where I would be today if I got in.....

Ok. One pic from Basic Combat Training at Ft Dix, NJ in 1971...The other is the insignia we wore at Headquarters, Headquarters Battery, V Corps Artillery at Cambrai-Fritsche Kaserne in Darmstadt Germany in 72 & 73. MOS (2) - 05B20 Radio Operator & 05C20 - Radio Teletype Operator...Spent 6, 2-week tours in the infamous Red Mud of Graffenwoehr & a couple more in "the field" in the Fulda Gap, makin the Russkis nervous...

Attachments

• PVT RDS.jpg
    PVT RDS.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 138
  • V_Corps_Arty_DUI.gif
    V_Corps_Arty_DUI.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: GAMMA RAY
Marine 2d Tank Battalion Bosnia.

Semper Fidelis

Pete

There now the photos uploaded :)

Attachments

• 300px-Abrams-transparent.png
    300px-Abrams-transparent.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 225px-2nd_Tank_Battalion_insignia.jpg
    225px-2nd_Tank_Battalion_insignia.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 2mardiv.gif
    2mardiv.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 127
actually i feel kinda dumb right about now, have to hook up my old computer to dig out my old military photo's, will do so soon but i probably should have discovered this before i started the thread :confused:

actually i feel kinda dumb right about now, have to hook up my old computer to dig out my old military photo's, will do so soon but i probably should have discovered this before i started the thread :confused:

Don't worry I am still looking for the box with all my photos as I didn't have a computer to put them on at the time ! :confused:

Don't feel bad. All of mine are old slides that I had to do with a florescent flashlight on a scanner when after 35 years all of a sudden I had to get a unit website up in 18 days. I wish they had been photos. :mad:

Cough up the photos.......:D

Brotherbart I too hitched a ride on the USNS Walker, on my way to Korea, Jan 1953.

Yeah I am old, but I still make it to the woods, with my 12 year old 372XP

Seabees.png

Battalion(62), SEABEE Team(6207), SEABEE Unit(401) tours in four years. First tour was at this location:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chau_Doc

I was still 22 years old and an Ensign when I returned from the Chau Doc area deployment. Robbed of our youth, we were. But, I was privileged to serve four years in the SEABEEs. Wonderful group.

Status
Not open for further replies.