Old Bar/New Bar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my bet. If it is getting oil, just not enough, open it up a bit. A carbide burr bit might just be the ticket for that (don't go cheap on the bit, or you will be traveling back to the hardware store for another) Expect $20+ to fly out of your pocket for the bit.
The only time I think I save money (since cutting & milling) is in the winter time when that oil truck stays out of our driveway. ==c If I come home with a just the bit and not a drill press we'll have saved some money.

zap

The only time I think I save money (since cutting & milling) is in the winter time when that oil truck stays out of our driveway. ==c If I come home with a just the bit and not a drill press we'll have saved some money.

zap

Might check craglist for a press. There some really nice ones out there cheap.

Just checked Smokinj, not much in this area. I'll wait until I get a spot cleared out in the garage unless I find something in a garage sale.

Thanks
Zap

Reactions: smokinj
I bought the above and the cobalt drill bits for steel from dewalt, I decided to try the drill bit in the rigid drill. I put the old bar over the new bar, one set of holes lined up so I marked both then drilled which took about seven minutes total.

I used the dremel to knock down any burrs on the outside/inside of the groove, took the air compressor an cleaned the groove out so tomorrow some chains will get sharpened then we are ready for some milling.

zap

Attachments

• Old Bar/New Bar
    100_5038.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Old Bar/New Bar
    100_5039.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Old Bar/New Bar
    100_5040.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: ScotO
I bought the above and the cobalt drill bits for steel from dewalt, I decided to try the drill bit in the rigid drill. I put the old bar over the new bar, one set of holes lined up so I marked both then drilled which took about seven minutes total.

I used the dremel to knock down any burrs on the outside/inside of the groove, took the air compressor an cleaned the groove out so tomorrow some chains will get sharpened then we are ready for some milling.

zap
Looks good bud. I expect some video of the 090 milling when you get a chance. Oh and a little dancing too, maybe try the 'robot'.>>

The 090 I can do the robot might have to wait.

zap

I would expect staying alive disco strut by the bee gee's!

Status
Not open for further replies.