OLD BUCKEYE COAL BASKET

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold in Kenmore

Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2009
Kenmore, NY
I have what I think is an old buckeye coal basket that I had inspected and now use as my wood burning fireplace. I want to keep the unit. The problem is the wood does not generate any heat and while I love the fires I need it to heat my living room. I have seen wood fireplace place blowers but I am afraid to purchase ($700 locally or $550 offline) without knowing it will work. Any suggestions

Attachments

• DSC01531[1].jpg
    DSC01531[1].jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 880
  • DSC01532[1].jpg
    DSC01532[1].jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 745
  • DSC01533[1].jpg
    DSC01533[1].jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 661
  • DSC01534[1].jpg
    DSC01534[1].jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 853
Cold in Kenmore said:
I have what I think is an old buckeye coal basket that I had inspected and now use as my wood burning fireplace. I want to keep the unit. The problem is the wood does not generate any heat and while I love the fires I need it to heat my living room. I have seen wood fireplace place blowers but I am afraid to purchase ($700 locally or $550 offline) without knowing it will work. Any suggestions

Love it.
Nice...

Why not burn coal?

buy some lump bituminous coal-what it was designed for, then it will produce heat. if you need coal, i'm down the street from you and i have kentucky lump coal i'll give you some free, i'll even show you how to fire it if you wish.

I picked up a ton of just what you need last week:

coal001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.