Old Jotul and lange Stoves but still new in box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chris.ross212

Nov 24, 2016
Clinton, Maine
Today I came across some rare wood stoves. 3 Jotul Combi Fire #1, a 118, a Combi Fire #6 and a Lange 6304A-47NJ. All stoves are brand new and have never been used. The lange is Burgandy enamel and is in 100% original perfect condition. One of the combi fire #1 was still in the box and all the parts and accessories are still wraped up inside it. The others have been taken out of the boxes. They were all in boxes up till a week ago and were opened and left outside. Some have minimal rust from being out the last week. Prior to this they were kept in a climate controlled storage unit for the last 30+ years. Looking to get some advise on who I could contact to see these beauties to. Rather not see them go in a basement. They are museum quality. I live in central Maine. Thanks in advance.

That is one lucky find. All are good stoves. They will bring top dollar if you can wait until Sept. to sell. The Lange in particular should go to a special home that appreciates that beauty. Get them back into a protected area, steel wool down the rust spots and touch up spray them with Stove Brite paint.

They're in my basement now so they should not rust or anything. No stove shop around is interested I figured somebody would want to display them.

Attachments

• 20170609_130620.jpg
    20170609_130620.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,693
  • 20170609_133026.jpg
    20170609_133026.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 909
  • 20170609_132907.jpg
    20170609_132907.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,181
Chris,
I just became a member here. I've been heating with a red Lange, model 6302A for many years. I can not seem to find any information on the Lange 6304A-47NJ. What is the size of the red one you have?

Chris,
I just became a member here. I've been heating with a red Lange, model 6302A for many years. I can not seem to find any information on the Lange 6304A-47NJ. What is the size of the red one you have?
I no longer have the stove. I sold it shortly after posting on here. It was pretty small. I think it was around 14 inches wide, 10-12 inches deep and about 26 tall. It was brand new never used. It came with a owners manual but I didn't take pictures of the pages. If I find out anything about them ill let you know. Thanks

I no longer have the stove. I sold it shortly after posting on here. It was pretty small. I think it was around 14 inches wide, 10-12 inches deep and about 26 tall. It was brand new never used. It came with a owners manual but I didn't take pictures of the pages. If I find out anything about them ill let you know. Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Don't go to any work if it's sold. I'd like to find a heat baffle for mine, as I warped it some years back and it makes the fire box smaller when it sags!

BeGreen, I did that - and they do have the part. At $400 I'll be inconvenienced for a while. A few years back there were a number of these great stoves available in the $400 range. I will keep looking til I find one. I gave a friend an unused red top for this stove a couple years ago. I was storing it for 30 years and decided that I was tired of packing it around!
The world lost when Lange sold out to that leveraged buyout guy who ran it into the ground.

Could the current baffle be used as a template to have one cut out of 1/2" steel? With a few stiffening ribs welded on perhaps that would work for a while. They are good stoves, but most are on the east coast adding shipping costs to getting one used.

Last edited:
No, it's pretty well "sagged"!
Everybody who sees this stove loves it. I was looking into switching to propane, with a cast iron stove that looks similar to a woodstove. After researching and feeling the heat in a store, I decided to stay with the Lange, as the heat coziness is just unmatched vs propane.

Last edited:
Today I came across some rare wood stoves. 3 Jotul Combi Fire #1, a 118, a Combi Fire #6 and a Lange 6304A-47NJ. All stoves are brand new and have never been used. The lange is Burgandy enamel and is in 100% original perfect condition. One of the combi fire #1 was still in the box and all the parts and accessories are still wraped up inside it. The others have been taken out of the boxes. They were all in boxes up till a week ago and were opened and left outside. Some have minimal rust from being out the last week. Prior to this they were kept in a climate controlled storage unit for the last 30+ years. Looking to get some advise on who I could contact to see these beauties to. Rather not see them go in a basement. They are museum quality. I live in central Maine. Thanks in advance.
hello do you still have the jotul # 6 for sale

They're in my basement now so they should not rust or anything. No stove shop around is interested I figured somebody would want to display them.

I have a Lange the same as yours except mine is black, no enamel and it has a square glass window in the door. It is in my conservatory and is used almost every day in the winter.