Old parlor stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Captain Pete

Dec 19, 2023
Quebec, Canada
Hello people!
I have an old parlor stove that I would like to sell. I have no idea about the value or the rarity of the stove. It was manifactured by "Smith, Francis and Wells co.", Pensilvania in 1861. It's about 4 ft tall and it's in pretty good shape. Here is a couple of pictures. If anybody can help me, I would really appreciate. Thank you much!

Chester 1.jpg Chester 2.jpg

Nice. It looks like an old coal stove with everything intact. The value should be determined by an antique stove dealer or two. I would guestimate $1000 to $1500 but could be way off.

I'm not sure about Quebec, but there are several online in the states. Here are a few:

I’ve been to mill creek. They have some nice stuff, and they guy I talked to will talk your ears off.