old stove, new install, new user, lots of questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zeus1gdsm

Apr 10, 2022
ny
alright so my stove is in. all to code. burning great.

arrow s12 - epa certified stove with fire bricks, burn tubes up top and bottom air flow control.

But my concerns are on flue temp and creosote build up.

using a magnetic therm 18inches above stove outlet on a single wall pipe i have a hard time getting over 300.

I also shoot with an infrared and read roughly the same temps as the magnetic therm.

the stove top will read 150-200 more than the stove pipe.

i read that the temps i am getting on the stove pipe with ir and magnetic i should increase by about 30% to get an accurate idea of the gas temp?

should I be shooting right before it goes into the wall/chimney for a more accurate idea of temp for creosote build-up?

A 300º surface stove pipe temp is roughly about 600ºF flue gas temp. It might be more or less depending on the stove pipe configuration.

Can you post a picture of this stove? It's a new one for me. Was it made by Hearth & Home Tech.?