Osburn runaway?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: etiger2007
Hi Bagelboy, just as a suggestion get back the stove in the condition when you installed it. (no holes plugged). Then tell us step by step what is your fire starting procedure, what is the humidity of your wood in % (get a cheap moisture meter), then show us how much wood you put in there, when you start dialing down the unit etc... Better yet post pics or videos. At the end of the day, I have a suspicion your stove works perfectly as designed; you may just need to get used to its workings.
This sounds like a good plan. Just go step by step with us and see how it goes. I wish I knew how this stove behaves with a full load. So far it's all been small loads which really doesn't tell much.

Unfortunately, it's a little warmer tonight, so it's hard to fire it up. Their not talking colder temps til Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.