Osburn Wood Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodcutter88

Jul 25, 2019
Usa
Had a horrible experience with Osburn wood stove purchase. I ordered the Matrix stove and was told that the door was reversable and it wasn't until after I received the stove and disassembled the stove according to their instructions that the parent company SBI informed me that it wasn't possible. They also shipped the stove incomplete and tried to extort an additional $360.00. I'm now disputing the charges and told them to come and get their stove. Terrible experience. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM OSBURN OR SBI

Had a horrible experience with Osburn wood stove purchase. I ordered the Matrix stove and was told that the door was reversable and it wasn't until after I received the stove and disassembled the stove according to their instructions that the parent company SBI informed me that it wasn't possible. They also shipped the stove incomplete and tried to extort an additional $360.00. I'm now disputing the charges and told them to come and get their stove. Terrible experience. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM OSBURN OR SBI
Is this a dealer problem or a manufacturer problem? What parts were missing? We're all of the needed parts ordered?

Is this a dealer problem or a manufacturer problem? What parts were missing? We're all of the needed parts ordered?
Both, the dealer told me that I would be receiving the new model and that the door was still reversable and that it was essentially the same stove as last year's model. The manufacturer brochure states that not only that the door is reversable but that the stove comes with two pieces of soapstone to finish the top. When I informed them that they weren't included in the shipment they told me that now they are extra. Without these pieces there is a big gapping hole in the stove top and is obviously unfinished.
I began to work with customer service at SBI and some far have refused to make it right. So I'm disputing the charges.
Terrible experience

Both, the dealer told me that I would be receiving the new model and that the door was still reversable and that it was essentially the same stove as last year's model. The manufacturer brochure states that not only that the door is reversable but that the stove comes with two pieces of soapstone to finish the top. When I informed them that they weren't included in the shipment they told me that now they are extra. Without these pieces there is a big gapping hole in the stove top and is obviously unfinished.
I began to work with customer service at SBI and some far have refused to make it right. So I'm disputing the charges.
Terrible experience
That is not at all typical of SBI I am surprised.

Osburn makes good stoves. They and SBI have a good general track record. It sounds like both you and the dealer have been caught in a model change. Get the dealer on your side to go to bat. These are significant changes and SBI needs to inform its dealerships of them prior to sale. They should make this right with at least supplying the soapstone top.