Ottawa area tornadoes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
@Diabel, @jeffbrun, @Longknife thinking about you folks. Hoping all from that area are ok. Looks like Dunrobbin got hit hard.

Thank y
@Diabel, @jeffbrun, @Longknife thinking about you folks. Hoping all from that area are ok. Looks like Dunrobbin got hit hard.

Thank you Begreen.
It was mainly in the city south end. We are more in the center core. My trees survived!!
I am at the lake and it was not bad at all here just buckets of torrential rain.....

Still waiting to light the Princess.....

Good to hear that, thanks for checking in. That was a nasty storm front. I never think of tornadoes going that far north.

We had 5 confirmed tornadoes just 12 miles south of me. Lost one tree across driveway. But got lucky compared to others, many friends lost trees, barns, etc... 5 confirmed tornadoes.

Attachments

• FD644371-26FE-45A4-84E4-21712A42EDBD.jpeg
    FD644371-26FE-45A4-84E4-21712A42EDBD.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 969F1C6F-6858-42E2-B108-E361461066C9.jpeg
    969F1C6F-6858-42E2-B108-E361461066C9.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 141
Yikes! that's too close! I hate tornadoes.

My sister is in the east end of Ottawa. They were very lucky. Even though there wasn't a touch down real close to her, some places just a couple blocks away had more wind, & damage. Pretty scary images & vids - yikes.

In the early 90's we lived in Sarnia, Ontario. Late March 1991 we had a touchdown, very scary. Lucky for the people in the city, most of it's path was through farm land. Still a lot of property damage, even in our street.

Just seeing this begreen… been busy and haven't logged in. Thanks for the concern.

I was at work about 10 minutes from Dunrobin. I was actively driving around watching for any issues and although it seemed like a decent storm and we got a deluge of rain, it wasn't too far out of the ordinary. I didn't think much of it until I started getting calls asking if I was at work because a tornado had just touched down a few miles from me.

I live south of the city and had next no issues there either and I actually went up to the cottage that night to re-do the roof over the weekend. No issues up there either. I kinda felt like I was living in a (lucky) bubble that weekend.