P38 Distribution Blower Not Turning Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sandles67

Dec 12, 2018
Tannersville
Just replaced the OEM distribution blower on my P38 with the equivalent Dayton from Zoro. The new blower is a converted 3 phase equivalent, as they “phased” out the older models...no pun. Install went well. Hardest part was removing and installing the spade connectors on the board.

After a couple days, I noticed the blower does not shut off when I open the firebox door. The previous blower did after a couple of seconds. I turn the blower down all the way normally when cleaning, but you still feel the blower.

Any suggestions of why this could be?

You are talking about the convection blower motor and not the exhaust blower motor?

I don't see why any of them would turn off when the door opens (vacuum switch). If anything the auger should stop turning, and stop feeding pellets, and the fire would just go out (in case the door glass broke or something like that). Both blowers should keep working until the stove shuts down.

https://www.harmanstoves.com/Owner-Resources/Use-and-Care-Videos/P38-Pellet-Stove.aspx