P43 Room temp or constant burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glange1969

Feb 8, 2014
Michigan
Looking for some opinions , which would you consider
the more efficient setting ?
I currently am running in room temp. mode , set at 70 degrees.
Going thru about a bag and a half a day, and it's not really cold yet !
My thermostat wire runs up along side a doorwall , which I think may
be causing a issue, the doorwall is a little drafty.
This is my first year burning , so I'm learning on the go.

Looking for some opinions , which would you consider
the more efficient setting ?
I currently am running in room temp. mode , set at 70 degrees.
Going thru about a bag and a half a day, and it's not really cold yet !
My thermostat wire runs up along side a doorwall , which I think may
be causing a issue, the doorwall is a little drafty.
This is my first year burning , so I'm learning on the go.
To me Room temp uses the stove and its features to their fullest capacity. Right now set in room temp mode at 70f, feed at 4, auto mode, fan at 3/4 high. Burning less than one bag a day with temps last two nights in mid-20s. Found out by trial and error that room temp sensor placement is the most important variable in this mode. You may want to consider buying an extension and moving the sensor away from the stove and drafts but by all means experiment with placement. Next thing to play with is pellet type. Some burn hotter than others. Love my Harman but there is a bit of a learning curve until you get it right. Above all, mess with it. Great learning g tool.

Last edited:
brand new p43, 2 weeks into it. Started with stove temp manual as suggested by dealer and was chewing up the pellets.Now i've tried room temp manual and was into it for bag and a half a day setting at 75 feed at 4.As of today running room temp auto 75,feed at 4 with the sensor coiled up behind stove with 3 inches sticking up behind hopper. consumption of pellets slowed down and basement staying warm.But i'm gonna keep playing with it. Rusty

Status
Not open for further replies.