Pacific Energy Neo 1.6 Insert Loose Hinge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim McGuire

Dec 8, 2020
New Hampshire
I have a 2 year old Neo 1.6 insert that has worked great, but about 3 weeks ago the lower post hinge became loose which cause the door to drop a bit when opened. I went to my dealer. I showed them a video of the loose hinge. It moves in and out about an inch and you can also spinn it around like a top which is something it had not done until this point. The dealer said they call Pacific Energy and was told this is normal. Does anyone else have a Neo that does this? - Thanks

I have a 2 year old Neo 1.6 insert that has worked great, but about 3 weeks ago the lower post hinge became loose which cause the door to drop a bit when opened. I went to my dealer. I showed them a video of the loose hinge. It moves in and out about an inch and you can also spinn it around like a top which is something it had not done until this point. The dealer said they call Pacific Energy and was told this is normal. Does anyone else have a Neo that does this? - Thanks
Hi Jim, this is kinda late for a reply, but this happened to mine. Turned out there was nothing that could be done other than the local dealer organizing a local welder to come and weld it back in place. Obviously a bad design, I remember thinking there must be a better way, but alas there was not. It’s solid as a rock now tho. Now I just have to solve the ridiculous fan/blower noise everyone experiences too.