Pacific Energy Super LE insert - Dead blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RickJocko

Oct 14, 2022
Ohio
I have an almost 2 year old Pacific Energy Super LE insert. Last night I noticed the right blower was not working. I called the installer and they said it is still under warranty and they will file the claim and come out and fix it.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a blower fail. I am curious, because this is the second blower to fail on me in under 2 years. Shortly after install, the left blower started making a grinding noise, then stopped working altogether. They came and replaced that one, but now the right side blower just failed...

Couple questions: Any reason that this might happen? Something I'm doing wrong? Bad Luck?
Also, anyone ever do a warranty claim through PE? Dealer said it could take a while, but I forgot to ask them how long they thought it might be.

Thanks for reading. Also, thanks for this wonderful forum, I have read a lot of articles and posts here and it has definitely helped me to use the stove correctly and get a lot out of it!! So thanks again for the wealth of info here!

Had a blower go bad out of warranty. Stove and Grille Parts for Less had an aftermarket option. The surprise wasn't the savings - the blower is less than half the noise of the oem!!! I had to take another chance and bought a second to see if it was a fluke -it wasn't. Now, the worst thing about our Pacific Energy - annoyingly loud fan/motor noise is GONE!

Thanks for the advice... I have one more year left on the warranty, nice to know I can replace them on my own in the future if I lose another one!

Placed a ceramic spacer under the front of the lid and had less air noise. The better idea was to place a small fan on the floor to draw the heat from the cast iron and glass. Replaced with aftermarket fans in the past and they were noticeably quieter and more powerful.