Pacific Energy Stove reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremebison

Dec 27, 2010
Yukon Canada
Anybody out there have any experience with Pacific Energy Wood stoves? I got a chance to buy one used for a 400sqft cabin I'm building. Just curious on the units? It's 15 yrs old and they want $350 for it. Not sure what model it is. Put any reviews on these stoves would be great, as it will be primary heat in this little cabin temps down to -40C regulary it will be heating in.

Just do a search here on PE and Pacific Energy and you will spend till daylight reading about them.

At 15 yrs old, it could also be need in a little maintenance. These stoves have evolved and have been refined since 15 yrs ago. Do you know what model this is?

Love mine, but at 15 years old. You better get a real good look at it. Alot has changed in 15 years.
Shell out a lil more cash and you can get a brand new Englander.

Thanks everyone, I'm trying to get the model off the owner. I'm do realize I may have to replace the fire bricks, door gasket and so on. Anything I should be looking for imparticular?

Check all the welds for cracks.
Any bowing or bulging of the walls or top etc.
Look up inside and see what the baffle looks like.
If it has a whitish haze on the outside steel, that could be an indicator of overfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.