Paint question Gas Vent paint for Grey Jotul GF 300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cbudgo

Feb 6, 2019
Massachusetts
Hi All, my first post here. And I have searched on this one.
First, a word of warning. JOTUL will occasionally drop paints and no longer support them. I'll go with basic black for my next stove. I'm sure all manufacturers do this too, not just Jotul.

I'm looking for a Grey paint for my stove vent pipe which we purchased in 2004.
The color code is 1A262H221. The dealers say it's been a goner for a while and Jotul no longer makes it. Well, I doubt Jotul ever actually made the paint. They likely subbed it out to a paint factory.

But my question to those with grey Jotul stoves. Do you have any likely substitutes you could suggest??

Or online sources I should try to see if I can get close.

I can go down to the local Lowes or Home Depot and look for a close rattle can. But I thought I'd start with the experts.

Thanks in advance, folks.

Buddy

Hey Another question. My local Jotul dealer tells me that the paint for the gas vent pipe doesn't need to be High-Temp. Can anyone confirm that??

The spot that discolored (oxidized) and needs repainting is at the base of the pipe and closest to the stove which sounds like a very hot place.

I also have a local paint shop who can match a color and create a direct to metal spray can. It also has a step where they create a quart in the process. I'm wondering if I'd be better to brush on (a small foam roller actually) than spray it on.

Any thoughts??

Thanks