Pallets stamped "HT" good to burn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannynelson77

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2010
PA
I found a bunch of ripped up pallet/lumber wood stamped "HT" which would be great kindling! I assume the HT means Heat Treated, but does anyone know if it could mean it is pressure treated too? It does not look pressure treated to me but I know today it can be hard to tell if something has been pressure treated just on looks alone. I just want to make sure I am not burning pressure treated wood in my stove........

IT's fine. They are heat treated to kill bugs and that's all. Part of ISPM 15 (export std)

Burn away.

Highly Toxic

Just joking don't know

The H T means heat thoroughly..............................Burn Away............................

Thanks for the replies guys. I got the fire going with it last night and well.....what great kindling!! :)

usually burn pretty hot
try not to get too many splinters

(have busted up and burned a few pallets myself)

These are already busted up!! cant beat that! and yes they do burn hot......

And here I thought it was Hot Tamales...

Status
Not open for further replies.