pb105 pellet boiler min temp setting question NEED HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lms1977

Nov 11, 2019
coopersburg
I just installed my pb105 in my house I bought a new unit that was never installed from private seller to heat my house which has radiant heat in both concrete slab and in the living area under the flooring, the heater just got hooked up and running Friday and has worked great!!

but when it reaches temp on the max side it will shut down but then start back up before it reaches the minimum temp I have it set at.

I do not have the outside air temperature sensor hooked up I never got that with the unit but from what I understand it will not do what I am asking?

yesterday I turned it off to see how quick it would drop temp without my house calling for heat and it went from 185deg to 130 or 135 in about 9-10 hours but if I keep it set to auto it will turn on and off multiple times which seems to be a total waste

is there a way to make it do what I'm asking?

from what I gather the outside air temp sensor just changes the max temp depending on the outside temp and this is what the minimum temp knob then sets the allowable max temp when temp goes up outside??

am I thinking about this correct or am I overlooking the obvious??

I want the stove to stay off during the day when the temp in the boiler is still at 140 degree or higher so it stops the short cycling

thanks for any help!!

Are you going by the gauge that comes with the PB105? Operationally, in Auto mode, it should drop below your min temp set point before it fires back up. At least that is how my HF60 operates. I have the outside air temperature sensor and when it fires up it will heat to the max value and then slowly shutdown until it drops below the min value. It is kind of waste, I wish there was a warm weather shutdown feature over say 60* but it probably only burns a handful of pellets every time it fires up. I have my starting feed time turned way down via the dip switches and with softwood pellets it will have flames in under two minutes with little smoke. The factory startup feed time with hardwood pellets was a smoke show and took quite a bit longer. Got a bit off subject but I'm thinking your gauge is suspect and the control board is seeing the correct water temperature.

Are you going by the gauge that comes with the PB105? Operationally, in Auto mode, it should drop below your min temp set point before it fires back up. At least that is how my HF60 operates. I have the outside air temperature sensor and when it fires up it will heat to the max value and then slowly shutdown until it drops below the min value. It is kind of waste, I wish there was a warm weather shutdown feature over say 60* but it probably only burns a handful of pellets every time it fires up. I have my starting feed time turned way down via the dip switches and with softwood pellets it will have flames in under two minutes with little smoke. The factory startup feed time with hardwood pellets was a smoke show and took quite a bit longer. Got a bit off subject but I'm thinking your gauge is suspect and the control board is seeing the correct water temperature.

I have a different gauge than stock one in there, I can set the low temp to 130 and it still starts up 5 or so degrees below max temp it don't matter where you set the minimum at. I really wish there was a setting or dip switch I could set but I cant find any info on it