PE Summit Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot-werx

Nov 10, 2008
Southern, Maine
Now that I have mastered the operation of the summit, I am debating the addition of a blower. Are there any summit owners that have the blower and what are your thoughts?

We have a ceiling fan too but the blower works better. I set it very low and it creates a gentle breeze of warm air off the top of the stove. Very quiet too, except that sometimes it rattles which you can fix by moving it slightly or touching the rear heat shield. I can use it to gage how hot the stove is after an all night burn. Laying in bed, if I hear the blower running in the early morning then there are still coals. My one complaint of the thing is that for $250 only two sheet metal screws hold it onto the rear heat shield. It is so heavy that it "sags", thus pulling the thermo-switch away from the rear of the stove. You have to compensate by bending the thermo-switch mounting bar towards the stove so that it always is pressed against the stove steel. Hope that makes sense. Overall, I'm glad I have it.

The sensor sticks straight up from the blower box. It looks like an old metal transistor with a wire coming out of each side of it. You can easily bend the bracket back and forth that the sensor is attached to.

Status
Not open for further replies.