PE super 27 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

smithm1979

Dec 22, 2012
WNY
I have a Pacific energy super 27, 15-20 years old. Need to replace the gasket, no dealers nearby. Will any gasket work or does it need to be one made specifically for the stove?

I'm sure others will chime in but here's my suggestion. If it's the door or glass gasket get the oem stuff. It will be the right density. I know there is some sort of gasket inside the stove but I can't comment on that.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Yes, it's best to use the OEM door gasket on this stove. It is a different construction from the cheap hardware stove rope gasket. Call a PE dealer and have them mail it to you if they have one in stock.

Here is a place that sells a replacement gasket in bulk, but I have not tested it.

Use a good RTV cement to glue in.

Ok good info. I'm a little hesitant to try a dealer cause I haven't had the best of luck with them and the closest is 60 miles away, but I will try

Ok good info. I'm a little hesitant to try a dealer cause I haven't had the best of luck with them and the closest is 60 miles away, but I will try
The distance away doesn't matter as much. If you do get it from the dealer let them know you want the OEM PE gasket for this stove in the factory packaging.