Pellet Grill/Smokers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A
If I had one I would. Usually when I get one it's at a restaurant.

Ah, the low carb diet. Be warned that many premade cauliflower pizza crusts are just regular wheat dough with cauliflower added. Hard to read the ingredients label when you’re at a restaurant!

Tried smoking my spatchcocked chicken this time around, I brined it overnight in SPG/Sugar and put butter under the skin and let it smoke at 170 for 5 hours, turn turned it up to 350 to crispen up the skin.

It fell apart while trying to eat it :)

0711211853a_HDR.jpg

While the Peak model is way oversized for most of the things I do, yesterday I had family over and did an 11lb brisket, 8lb pork butt, and 2 6lb chickens. Brisket ended up being on for about 16 hours, pork butt about 12, and 5 for the chickens.

PXL_20210711_155803944.jpg

Reactions: mellow
I burn an Englander PG pellet grill and have for a few years. Due to dry outdoor conditions we are again banned from using it for cooking. Probably the rest of the summer since our local FD failed to pass a levy for more money!

I'm thinking more and more that I should go back to a nice gas weber and supplement with a charcoal burner for winter BBQ.

Reactions: johneh
I burn an Englander PG pellet grill and have for a few years. Due to dry outdoor conditions we are again banned from using it for cooking. Probably the rest of the summer since our local FD failed to pass a levy for more money!

I'm thinking more and more that I should go back to a nice gas weber and supplement with a charcoal burner for winter BBQ.

:rolleyes: I'm not sure how a pellet grill is any more of a fire hazard than any other type of grill.

:rolleyes: I'm not sure how a pellet grill is any more of a fire hazard than any other type of grill.

They lump (nice pun) all solid fuel burners together. Prohibited during a fire safety burn ban. A different government agency does the same junk during high pollution events in the winter.

They lump (nice pun) all solid fuel burners together. Prohibited during a fire safety burn ban. A different government agency does the same junk during high pollution events in the winter.
They just raised it to phase 2 here also. Anything that can emit sparks is banned. Gas and charcoal grilles are still permitted. Considering that we have had virtually no rain since mid-June and none forecast through the beginning of Sept., I am glad that these restrictions are in place. We are sitting on a tinderbox.

Offset horizontal stick burner here, too. Pitt's & Spitt's U2436. Mostly flank steak and tri-tip for the freezer. Onion and garlic dry rub from the late Karen Putman's barbecue book.

Last edited:
gezzz gotta get mine back out im hungry.. got put away for the winter since one of the fans quit working. Ended up ordering a complete kit that included all new fans, burn pot, ignitors. Would have went through pit boss but their shipping for things in Canada is so slow. They order their parts form the US on a stock order and then when they receive they ship out to you.. Pretty sad actually with all the stores that sell in Canada