Pellet Mill Tours?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
Missed the Vermont mill tour last fall due to weather.... Made a good choice not going as the ride home would have been brutal. It was nice in vt, but we were in blizzard conditions here by mid afternoon. But I really wish I went to see it.

I would love to go do one before the snow happens.

Anyone know of anything in the New England area and interested in taking a ride or setting one up?

Vermont? MWP? NEWP? something else?

October or November would be nice. Yes, we missed that one, but the drive home would have been perfect for a snowmobile.

Yup, it got brutal real fast. I still believe we made the right decision.

Who was the person who organized the last one? perhaps they have a contact to share?

Yup, it got brutal real fast. I still believe we made the right decision.

Who was the person who organized the last one? perhaps they have a contact to share?

Member rparker did the leg work on the Vermont tour. IIRC he contacted Chris at Vermont pellet.

Member ScotL is the guy to ask for MWP. IIRC he offer us a tour as well.

Most mills offer tours and the contact info is usually on the websites.

Vt is doable, Maine is a HAUL. And yes, even though I do plenty of miles in the snow, its always the other guy. And there were a few big backups that day. 8-10" if I remember that afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.