Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joefraser

Oct 4, 2009
Somersworth,NH
A few weeks ago I saw Okanagans for $4.99 and Nature's heat for somewhere around $4.30 Thats as cheap as it gets up here.
Now that I had the money to buy some I stopped in at BJ's today and there were no Okanagans in sight. I asked them where they were and they said they were the sku was discontinued in the order book. No idea if they were coming back or being replaced.

Stop at Walmart to get a bag until of Nature's Heat until I can get something better tomorrow, They are back to $5.30/bag ($265/ton).
Oil's gone up 20 cents/gallon in the past 2 weeks. Are pellets trending up as well? What are the rest of you seeing out there compared to a few weeks ago?

Pellet prices around me are steady or falling slightly. Definately not going up. Averaging around $239-249 a ton. I was told by a local dealer that there is supposedly a lot of stock at the processing/distribution centers.

If oil is on the up, Then pellets might follow. But if there are more pellets in the yard and sales are low. They will stay low.

Watch and wait for the spring buy.

pellet prices are fairly flat right now.....some of the "sales" you see are dealers who still have alot of product in the warehouse and realize there's only a couple more months to sell before spring when the pellet companies will be wanting to have new contracts for 2010.......as for BJ's, HD, Lowes.....NONE of those outfits stock pellets in the warm months, so, you will see SKU's get discontinued till late summer, fall of 2010.....since we try to keep them all year long, we actually get quite alot of sales from HD customers in late winter or early spring...the Big Boxes send them to us......which is a nice feeling........

Lousyweather said:
......as for BJ's, HD, Lowes.....NONE of those outfits stock pellets in the warm months.....
Not 100% true at all of the big box stores.......the HD by me had pellets all of last summer. I stopped there in the spring, and tried to get them to sell me their remaining stock at a discount since I figured like you, that they wanted to get rid of them. Manager said "no, I'm not going to discount them....we're going to be stocking them all year long".

macman said:
Lousyweather said:
......as for BJ's, HD, Lowes.....NONE of those outfits stock pellets in the warm months.....
Not 100% true at all of the big box stores.......the HD by me had pellets all of last summer. I stopped there in the spring, and tried to get them to sell me their remaining stock at a discount since I figured like you, that they wanted to get rid of them. Manager said "no, I'm not going to discount them....we're going to be stocking them all year long".

Same here macman! I can get pellets all year from HD and Lowes. TSC is the only bigbox discounting in the spring. Local pellet house's have spring sales. They don't want to keep them all summer long. I got my OMalleys for $240 last april. At the time there were around $270 or so. $30.00 dollar more in my pocket is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.