Pellet Stove auger/feeder wont feed pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bpb05002

Nov 7, 2017
Tolland, CT
Hello everyone,

I have a Harman PP38+ pellet stove that was installed in 2002. I have used it for the last 4 years as the owner with no problems at all. I have cleaned it out every year after the season and have never had a problem with it yet. I went to start it up the other day and the auger will not feed pellets. The blower works as I can hear it running but the auger does not make any noise that I can tell. I believe that I have cleaned everything out that I can so I dont think anything is jammed in there or dust build up but I am not sure. I am a relative novice when it comes to pellet stoves so I am not sure exactly what to do. Any help would be appreciated and Ill give as much information as I can. Thank you

Brian

The first step is to check the power coming to the auger. If there is power then disconnect the wires to the auger and put power directly to them and if the auger doesn't turn it needs to be replaced.

Take a look at the switch on the hopper lid.

I am new here. I too am having issues with my pp38. Ive narrowed mine down to some pellets that got stuck behind the slide plate. It makes a loud clunking noise. Since i cant open the plate ive been looking for a new or upgraded weldment. I cant find specific info as to what parts that will fit my PP38. (The new ones where the plate comes out) can someone direct me in the right area?