Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked, I replied. Can't help it you stubbed your toe.
I'd like to see a TIG welded aluminum stove myself. Al is a better conductor of heat.....

Far as Harmin goes whatever stove is the best bang for your buck if you are happy with it.

Gonna buy a Harman for the garage......
they say to place your stove in the room you spend most of you time in and I guess the maintenence on a caddy can get pretty time consuming

they say to place your stove in the room you spend most of you time in and I guess the maintenence on a caddy can get pretty time consuming
So how can I get hot air down a long hall to the bedrooms without placing enought fans in the mix to hit V1?

v1?

So how can I get hot air down a long hall to the bedrooms without placing enought fans in the mix to hit V1?
Vne?

I suggested a tower fan to a friend doesn't take up much space and they are real happy w the results u can bow toward the stove or away wich ever you prefer

Although I have no experince in planes I think the tower fan will work for u and lol

Big lots sells them pretty cheap have seen them under $20 and have 3 speeds no need to worry about V1

Vne? That's for those who have problems controlling their sphincters or haven't acknowledged the logic behind the term "Combat Dump." ;) BTW for those of you uninformed, Vne is the speed at which minor and unimportant things like ailerons and rudders are considered likely to separate themselves from the aircraft or same becomes uncontrollable. In my humble experience this is not always true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big papa
Well in that case you may want a bigger more powerful fan than I suggested

Vne? That's for those who have problems controlling their sphincters or haven't acknowledged the logic behind the term "Combat Dump." ;) BTW for those of you uninformed, Vne is the speed at which minor and unimportant things like ailerons and rudders are considered likely to separate themselves from the aircraft or same becomes uncontrollable. In my humble experience this is not always true.
Having flown ultralights, Vne was pretty important. Having a spare pair of shorts and pants was too.

The only advice I can give you fly boys is never trust a fart

Only the good die young.

I'm going to go against the grain and recommend you buy a smaller stove. Something in the 35 to 40k btu range. Why? You've got a small footprint and average ceilings. A stove is far happier running at its highest most efficient settings, than it is running at its lowest least efficient settings.

Lastly, I did a survey here last year just after the polar vortex and about 100 people responded, and what did I find? That only 10% of the people here, on the coldest days, needed a stove over 40k btus. A 40k btu stove on its highest setting can burn 5 lbs an hour, which is 120 lbs in a day, which is a 3 bag a day habit. Yep. How many people on here stated that they needed to burn 3 or more bags a day on the coldest days last year? About 10%, and that's for homes of all sizes, and all locales. Seriously, just about everyone here is oversizing their stoves.

More lastly, you mentioned supplementing your heat, and you mentioned not making it too hot. All the more reason to go with a smaller stove.
Similarly, how many people need a F-150 truck. We get it because we can.

Similarly, how many people need a F-150 truck. We get it because we can.
This truck doesn't go to mall unless my wife says so

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 146
Gee. I went and watched some NFL today and this thread turns to this? This has zero to do with pellet stoves.
Time to grab a padlock.....

Reactions: Big papa
Status
Not open for further replies.