Pellet vs Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What does everyone think about 2 seperate forums rooms for "Wood Burners"?

• Wood room?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you try to break it up into small specific rooms you'll create confusion as to where posts should go. If you can't read the thread title and determine if you want to read it or not I don't think having 1/2 of them in another room is going to help you anyway.

I just noticed that many of those in favor of splitting up the rooms are newer members and members with lower post counts. I'm not sure what that means, but it was interesting to me. Sometimes I'm easily distracted....What were we talking about again....Oh yeah, don't split up the rooms.

I am in favor of keeping them the same, I have learned a lot reading both posts. But I can understand, due to the large volume of posts, some would like them split into two or three groups. But I don't mind the wood burners posting in the pellet burners forum :).

Having seen more than a few groups like this split up into strictly categorized areas I have to say its a double edged sword. Yes it takes you right where you are looking to go but on the other hand a lot gets missed in the separation. I always liked it where the single group rolls along so fast that everything gets left in the dust and passed over quickly. That doesn't seem to be the case with this group as it already is broken up though very slightly. Some time in the future splitting it up more might be a solution but for the time being I don't see wood vs pellet living together as a problem. They do have a lot in common after all . Like most things its best left alone until a problem shows itself.

I like checking out some of the wood topics as well as the pellet ones. I say keep it all in the one room.

I think that new posters would benifit initially by having seperate rooms. I myself enjoy reading both types of posts and have learned a lot about the hearth industry as well as better ways to heat my house but reading the other posts not just the pellet head psots. my 2 c

TK

I say keep em seperated.

This site is a very good example of several different threads with one ccommon purpose

http://www.rv.net/forum/

It allows one to go directly to a cetain type they may be searching out but able to cover bases in other areas as well.

No offense to those that use them, but I am glass the Wood Boiler/OWB folks have their own forum (since they don't really have a hearth and are thus a different animal). The site is fine as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.