pet picture thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372048895.473538.jpg

My aussiexcollie greeting my new red heeler pup at the right end

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372048984.666895.jpg

I just adopted Bentley last month. He's 99lbs and 1.5yrs old. He loves the wood gathering and will even haul splits for me!
Bentley.jpg
Bentley2.jpg

Nice dogs there Krabappel! I guess you and collie get to train that puppy up all summer. Have fun.

Love me some big 'ol labs. Looks like you hit a home run at the pound, Bocefus!

Here they were the other day waiting for Mrs loon to finish up the new garden
so they could do some rolling in it ::-)

Hunting Wabbit

980e13d0-28ab-43f3-89ff-10d01ae99940_zps6f6ff3b2.jpg
460651c2-c33a-40d8-a509-ec22dd8c5e55_zpsc2400b62.jpg

I found out tonight that my girl has any where from a couple weeks to several months left (kidney failure). It's a bummer.

image.jpg

The squirrels are messing with the cat

Reactions: loon
I found out tonight that my girl has any where from a couple weeks to several months left (kidney failure). It's a bummer.
Wow, sorry to hear that;sick! Maybe look into some homeopathic medicine to aid her kidney's. You never know...How old is she?

Wow, sorry to hear that;sick! Maybe look into some homeopathic medicine to aid her kidney's. You never know...How old is she?

Thanks. There is really nothing more to do now besides give her medicine and ivs to help her kidneys function. I have to be careful as to what I can feed her because her organs are so sensitive now. She is around 13 - she was a stray.

Thanks. There is really nothing more to do now besides give her medicine and ivs to help her kidneys function. I have to be careful as to what I can feed her because her organs are so sensitive now. She is around 13 - she was a stray.
I feel your pain,, as we have a 15 year old Shepard mix..and a 14 year old Jack Russell.. they do become one of the family and it's hard to sse them get on in years, knowing they will be leaving us at one point...Wish there was more I could suggest to help you sustain you best friends life....;hm

Reactions: DevilsBrew
I wish I could get her to look at the phone/camera but she refuses. For some reason, she hates getting her picture taken! So it will be the back of her head for now. The silly girl (meant in a sweet way).

I wish I could get her to look at the phone/camera but she refuses. For some reason, she hates getting her picture taken! So it will be the back of her head for now. The silly girl (meant in a sweet way).
My oldest dog is the same way...Do they feel looking into the camera will divulge their sickness or old age vulnerabilities and make them the known weak link in the pack? I have to call my dogs name and get a picture of her as she turns to look.. That is weird.

We had a 15 yo JRT that had kidney failure. Egg whites and salmon were her diet for a few months but she deteriorated so quickly we couldn't watch her suffer anymore and we had to put her down. Her quality of life was zero, after having 15 years of a great life, it was still an awful decision to make. I still cry thinking about her so weak, not even able to stand up, guilty that she suffered.

Big hugs to you and your dog, many of us have been where you are now so know you have friends in perfect strangers :)

close....go up about 2 circle widths and a tad to the right...she chased a squirrel up a fallen tree!

There he is! He could just sit up in the tree and wait for the squirrel to crawl right into his mouth

Sorry to hear about your girl's poor health. The stray ones seem to make the best pets. Adopted a couple of pups but most of our pets never made it to the pound when we took them in.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Forgot the girls :)

DIXIE.jpg

Dixie (the real one).

Matisse1513a.jpg

Matisse AKA The Divine Ms. M.

Reactions: osagebow and loon
My rottweiler is going on 12 years. I have had her 10 years now, adopted from the city animal shelter with a guestimate of 1 yr old at the time. She used to be fast enough to chase a frisbee, and catch it. I didn't teach her. Dog found a frisbee in the yard one day, brought it to me. I threw it, she chased it, jumped up and caught it. She hasn't been interested in frisbee for a while, young at heart, but too slow now to get it. She likes to wade into the river for a swim, and dig up rocks from the bottom. She looks good for her age, these pics were taken this year. She hasn't seemed to slow down a whole lot yet, I know it just comes on quick.

Attachments

• IMG_20130127_011039.jpg
    IMG_20130127_011039.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20110718_163712.jpg
    IMG_20110718_163712.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20120521_224328.jpg
    IMG_20120521_224328.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 222
My rottweiler is going on 12 years. I have had her 10 years now, adopted from the city animal shelter with a guestimate of 1 yr old at the time. She used to be fast enough to chase a frisbee, and catch it. I didn't teach her. Dog found a frisbee in the yard one day, brought it to me. I threw it, she chased it, jumped up and caught it. She hasn't been interested in frisbee for a while, young at heart, but too slow now to get it. She likes to wade into the river for a swim, and dig up rocks from the bottom. She looks good for her age, these pics were taken this year. She hasn't seemed to slow down a whole lot yet, I know it just comes on quick.
They're great dogs, we had two years ago... male and female.. They both only lived to be about 8-9 years old.. what a heart break losing them.. They have their own breed of personality... My big male Rudy loved kids...he was a big lover:)

The little guy turned 12 this spring. He's had some issues these last few years and was recently seen by his regular vet for a possible liver infection, antibiotics, follow up check up went well last week, etc.

This past Tuesday he stopped eating and threw up a few times. Kind of normal for his conditions and the meds he was still on.

Thursday he went to the ER because he still would not eat and was getting lethargic, wouldn't jump off the bed anymore, etc.

We got him back Sat evening.....minus one gall bladder that was about to burst.
scared.gif

He's on bed rest / light duty for at least 2 weeks and is still doped up on pain meds, etc but seems to be doing well. He has difficulty barking since he had a tube down his throat. 10 staples in his tummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.