Picked up a Makita 6401 sunday.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
What a great saw at a great price.

If anyone in mass is looking for one, the Home Depot in Bellingham had one more for $267 as of Sunday Morning.

Damn! Too far away. I'm looking for ne of these saws and no HD within an hour's drive has one available, most don't even rent tools.

Oh well, it'll happen sooner or later.

Backpack09 said:

If anyone in mass is looking for one, the Home Depot in Bellingham had one more for $267 as of Sunday Morning.

Sounds like a good deal.. Is this a brand new saw? I wired traffic lights at and intersection in Bellingham a couple years ago..

Ray

raybonz said:
Backpack09 said:

Sounds like a good deal.. Is this a brand new saw? I wired traffic lights at and intersection in Bellingham a couple years ago..

Ray

Ray, it's not new but rather a rental pro-grade saw that HD sells once they get 2 years old. Most are in good shape. New they run (if a I recall correctly) between $500 and $600. It is a Dolmar manufactured unit..

Ed

mayhem said:
Damn! Too far away. I'm looking for ne of these saws and no HD within an hour's drive has one available, most don't even rent tools.

Oh well, it'll happen sooner or later.
I've been looking for a while now, too. My HDs don't have a rental department, either. I stop at an HD when I see one, but nobody ever has any for sale.

Almost wondering whether I should see about sending cash to a forum member to pick one up for me. Just not sure if the shipping costs knock the value low enough to just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.