Please Stop The Classic Stove Owner Shaming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point has been made with this one.

Reactions: fossil
So please people, stop whipping out your EPA mantra every time someone posts on the "Classic Stove Forum".

I don't care what someone burns, but I do care to make sure they are informed. One thing I like to make certain folks understand is that in MANY places, installing an older stove in one's home may cause things to fall apart with the insurance company. Reason I often tell people to check local codes and with the insurance first, is because I'd hate to see them spend money on a stove that they can't run in their home.

I've been accused of that being "anti-whatever" for this but to me, it's information that a person needs to know.

If the OP is going to rant in a post, he has to expect some other points of view to surface.

If it's just another thread to nowhere, what's the point? Rick

Reactions: tfdchief
That is why I closed it three posts ago. It could continue to degenerate for decades.

Reactions: tfdchief and fossil
flush.jpg

Reactions: tfdchief
Status
Not open for further replies.