Post Sandy Kozi Pellet Stove Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dockingpilot

Nov 3, 2012
Tapping into the experts here if I may. In the wake of the hurricane I have no power, water or fuel. Managed to trade my youngest for a 7k generator. So I got the house back online partially anyway. The Kozi was running great and our only source of heat since I have geo thermal and no generator around will run that.
Anyway, the Kozi was doing its job, then, my son accedently unplugged it while it was running full tilt. I unplugged it, let it sit a while but it would not run right after that. I get the normal lights on the board but the auger would not work. So I unhooked the spade connectors to it and direct wired that and now that runs. I can hear the flame blower working but the ignitor would not work now. So I started the flame with a butane torch.
Bottom line, did suddenly unplugging the stove cause it to burn the circuit board ? Normally the stove will have a cool down period before it totaly shuts itself down.
Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Frank

Shoulda traded your son instead........

Seeing it was full tilt and hot when accidentally unplugged, maybe the loss of the convection blower caused the high temp limit to trip? Find it and try resetting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.