(pre epa reg) blaze king ktj-302.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
As cool heats up, it constricts, closing blade.

Take a cigarette lighter and check to see if it's working.

Ok.... so in the last ten minutes it is going good. Temps are at 600 which seems to be the sweet spot for heating the house. Now im going to work on tuning the thermostat in..... I'll report back in 30 min or so...
Is the stove pipe single-wall with a surface reading, magnetic thermometer or double-wall with a probe thermometer? 600º on single-wall is too hot.

Probe thermometers are generally meant for double-wall stove pipe so it probably is reading a bit high. I noted that 600F is high for on the surface of single-wall, not inside. That is why the question was asked.

Good. That is consistent.

You will likely find you can load more splits straight in giving you more time between reloads.

I have another question... there seems to be a very fine line in the thermostat between just having glowing embers on or of the wood and seeing flames in the box. When i see flames, my probe is saying im way too hot and when i see just black wood and embers, my temps are too low and way too much smoke coming out of the flue. Please tell me what im doing wrong.... thanks!