Pressure Washer Extension Wand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sloeffle

Minister of Fire
Mar 1, 2012
Central Ohio
My house is a ranch that has a walk out basement. Where the walk out basement is, the height of the house from the peak of the roof to the ground is probably 30' tall. Normally I'll rent a towable lift to pressure wash the back of the house. Earlier this year I came across an extension wand for the pressure washer. Does anybody have a brand recommendation ?

We have one for the same reason you want one. The more you extend it the harder it becomes to control. At full extension it becomes a challenge. The last time we used it I was actually up on a ladder holding and controlling it as far as I could reach and my GF had the harness on and was operating it.

The one we have came from Northern Tool I believe and may not be as nice as the ones you linked to above.

Reactions: sloeffle
We have one for the same reason you want one. The more you extend it the harder it becomes to control. At full extension it becomes a challenge. The last time we used it I was actually up on a ladder holding and controlling it as far as I could reach and my GF had the harness on and was operating it.

The one we have came from Northern Tool I believe and may not be as nice as the ones you linked to above.
I'm a team of one, and I weigh 150lbs soaking wet. This will be interesting. Hold my Busch Latte......

Reactions: JRHAWK9
I'm a team of one, and I weigh 150lbs soaking wet. This will be interesting. Hold my Busch Latte......

Let me know how it works out for you.

I personally wouldn't use a wand like is in the video...I'd want one with a bend on the end (45*?) so that the water spray is hitting the siding more straight on, not being driven up under the slats, or through the weep holes...no sense in testing the house wrap, or tar paper.
Plus a bend would allow the pressure to help support the weight of that long wand (the harness would take the "vertical" load, the pressure would help offset the "lateral" load)
That's a nice setup otherwise...

I personally wouldn't use a wand like is in the video...I'd want one with a bend on the end (45*?) so that the water spray is hitting the siding more straight on, not being driven up under the slats, or through the weep holes...no sense in testing the house wrap, or tar paper.
Plus a bend would allow the pressure to help support the weight of that long wand (the harness would take the "vertical" load, the pressure would help offset the "lateral" load)
That's a nice setup otherwise...
I thought something very similar. It looks like they make adjustable end that you can put on the end to get the angle right for the height you are pressure washing.

Last edited:
Reactions: brenndatomu