Problems with the damper..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

westgateblvd

Feb 5, 2017
Duluth, Mn
Hi. I seem to have a problem with the GreenfireGF55 pellet stove. I had to switch to a cheaper wood pellet when the main supply was gone. It has a lazy flame eithe shut, or wide open. Is there some way for me to fix this on my own??

When was the last time the stove was cleaned air inlet to the top of the chimney ?
There are not many things that affect the flame. The main one is air for combustion
reduced air causes a lazy fire!
Do you use an OAK?

Do you have a vacuum gauge to set the air shutter?

I have a cold air inlet. It is clear. I cleaned it out good about a month ago. Even with a brush down the chimney,and vacuumed out the pipe from the outside to the stove. As far as oak goes.. All the bags say are Hardwood..

The stove is 1 year old. I had it installed buy the company I bought it from. There is a cold air intake on it. If I turn on the stove I can feel the air coming threw the pipe. Once a week I clean the burn pot. Ash has been cleaned out of the ash box twice now. Before this stove I had a Enviro Evolution. I never had this problem with that stove like this one. I was able to regulate the feed rate. This stove I can't. I was told before that I would go threw 2 1/2 tons of pellets a year. I don't have the stove on all day and night. This stove I am starting on my 3rd ton. The Enviro I went threw a bag every two days. This one is a bag and one half a day. As far as cleaning it out goes.. I didn't tear everything out of the inside. I bought the stove new last year, and only used it maybe a month. Now though if I could I would switch over to a wood stove. I have lots of dead Birtch trees around which I can have for free. Wood pellets are $5.00 per 40 Lb bag. It also cost me over $5000 for this stove, and the install.

Sounds like it needs to be cleaned
plugged with ash between firebox and combustion fan
or you could try the leaf blower trick

The stove is 1 year old. I had it installed buy the company I bought it from. There is a cold air intake on it. If I turn on the stove I can feel the air coming threw the pipe. Once a week I clean the burn pot. Ash has been cleaned out of the ash box twice now. Before this stove I had a Enviro Evolution. I never had this problem with that stove like this one. I was able to regulate the feed rate. This stove I can't. I was told before that I would go threw 2 1/2 tons of pellets a year. I don't have the stove on all day and night. This stove I am starting on my 3rd ton. The Enviro I went threw a bag every two days. This one is a bag and one half a day. As far as cleaning it out goes.. I didn't tear everything out of the inside. I bought the stove new last year, and only used it maybe a month. Now though if I could I would switch over to a wood setove. I have lots of dead Birtch trees around which I can have for free. Wood pellets are $5.00 per 40 Lb bag. It also cost me over $5000 for this stove, and the install.
Was it ever properly set up? The vacum needs to be set properly. You should also be able to adjust the feed on that stove as well as the opening at the auger. They are great stoves with allot of adjustability. But they need to be set up properly

What is the leaf blower trick??
Was it ever properly set up? The vacum needs to be set properly. You should also be able to adjust the feed on that stove as well as the opening at the auger. They are great stoves with allot of adjustability. But they need to be set up properly

It was set in place, and they put in new pipes. That was it.. Gave me two manuals and out the door. I would like to know how to fix it. I called them out here once because of the feeding problem. A guy came out. Flipped a switch and said it would be fine. That did nothing as far as the feeding goes. I really don't see anything in the manuals for fixing either of these problems.. Can you tell me what to do??

It was set in place, and they put in new pipes. That was it.. Gave me two manuals and out the door. I would like to know how to fix it. I called them out here once because of the feeding problem. A guy came out. Flipped a switch and said it would be fine. That did nothing as far as the feeding goes. I really don't see anything in the manuals for fixing either of these problems.. Can you tell me what to do??
Call regency. They should be able to put you in touch with a dealer that has a clue. Or walk your dealer through proper setup.

Have you read the manual? It is pretty good and will tell you how to adjust the feed