Progress Hybrid move

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I can slide her as I need to fine tune her to the exact spot she needs to be
How do those sliders work on the brick hearth? I need to pull my stove forward to switch out single wall pipe for double wall pipe and its sitting on a 3 in thick square rock and was wondering how I was going to do it but I never would have though of sliders

How do those sliders work on the brick hearth? I need to pull my stove forward to switch out single wall pipe for double wall pipe and its sitting on a 3 in thick square rock and was wondering how I was going to do it but I never would have though of sliders
They worked great, allowed me to inch the PH right were I wanted it.. Got it measured off square to the back wall as well and aligned the pipe until it was a plumb fit.. They sure made it easy... Just need someone to slip them in and out as you lift the stove.

WOW! How impressive is that?! Beautiful installation Charley! I'll bet the pups will love napping in front of that stove.

PS Your Fireview is getting rave reviews from visitors to my house! ...and I love it!
Thanks Steve.... Glad to hear everyone likes the Fireview... People did the same thing here.. Seeing these stoves in person is a whole new world when it comes to actually seeing the quality.. It's just all good karma,,, the stoves speak for themselves when people walk in your house and remark about how nice your stove is... My Esse also gets a lot of compliments when people walk into our kitchen and notice that.. Can't wait until you get burning,,, your going to be all smiles!

Thanks Steve.... Glad to hear everyone likes the Fireview... People did the same thing here.. Seeing these stoves in person is a whole new world when it comes to actually seeing the quality.. It's just all good karma,,, the stoves speak for themselves when people walk in your house and remark about how nice your stove is... My Esse also gets a lot of compliments when people walk into our kitchen and notice that.. Can't wait until you get burning,,, your going to be all smiles!

I'll bet it feels good to have finally completed that project!! I know it does for me! :)

Charly, I'd definitely stick with the plan of 3 burn-in fires. Looks like it may be another week yet before any serious wood burning anyway. Much cooler here today and it felt great. 39 forecast for tonight but I doubt we'll have a fire going.

Well did my first break in fire today... 55 degrees out , no draft issues at all. In fact after 15 minutes I shut the draft 1/2 way.. Lit the paper and shut the door, everything just took right off.. Ash Pan install , ash lip all done with precision from the factory.. Everything aligned up prefect. They even use a roller bearing for the ash pan mechanism..No cutting corners on this stove.. Woodstock made sure everything fit perfect , even down the the heat shields that go underneath front and rear... Excellent instructions as well... Flue gases reached 300 and stove top temps on the cast iron right next to the flue collar reached 180... I'm thinking of doing 2 more easy fires before a let her solo... After all , she's going to heat me here for a very long time... I couldn't believe how close the kept the tolerances for example the front ash lip... That bolts underneath with two bolts going up through two cast arms.. No slop, yet were the front meets the stove, I couldn't believe how close they matched the angle.. Great job!

It is amazing how well the PH heats and uses so little wood! Do a couple more small fires and then let her go! FYI, make sure you have good seasoned wood. I have burned some wetter wood and it definitely takes a lot of energy to evaporate the water in the wood (as well as puts creosote in the chimney). Thankfully I have a neighbor with a barn full of wood and he is letting me trade out my wet wood for his dry wood. Enjoy that PH....it is an amazing stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.