Progress hybrid owners, Do you like your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Why did you decide against it? Sounds like a great deal and if any problems cropped up Woodstock would be more than happy to help.

Why did you decide against it? Sounds like a great deal and if any problems cropped up Woodstock would be more than happy to help.

the stove is great! Owner is super nice, Im short few $$$ hundred. I just don't have all the money right now.

the stove is great! Owner is super nice, Im short few $$$ hundred. I just don't have all the money right now.
That's too bad, maybe something will come up when you're ready.

That's too bad, maybe something will come up when you're ready.
I did not even offer anything. He said 1800 is his best price, I understand that part. I just asked if had alittle more wiggle room , he said no that his best price.

the stove is great! Owner is super nice, Im short few $$$ hundred.
Do whatever you have to do, rob a gas station if necessary, just get that puppy in da house! ;) :(

Reactions: chance04 and fespo
I did not even offer anything. He said 1800 is his best price, I understand that part. I just asked if had alittle more wiggle room , he said no that his best price.
Would you mind if I contacted him? Can you please provide a
Iink? Thank you.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Would you mind if I contacted him? Can you please provide a
Iink? Thank you.
Newburnerwisconsin, If I don't buy it by this weekend I will let you know. I have put a bunch of things for sale on CL and Ebay trying to come up with a little more cash

Reactions: Woody Stover
Newburnerwisconsin, If I don't buy it by this weekend I will let you know. I have put a bunch of things for sale on CL and Ebay trying to come up with a little more cash

If for some reason you decide to pass on the stove, I would be interested in speaking with the owner about it. Thanks again for your time.

Reactions: fespo
Well, if all goes well. I should pick up the stove tomorrow if it's not storming. I will post pictures, once I get the stove. Fespo

Well she's home, still wrapped up but home. 4f45f81adabd96a1aa19bf9ba47688c3.jpg3b2147966db1eed2b3461e40dc6bc386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennyp2339
Congratulations! I'm glad it finally worked out for you.

Georgepds,taking it off the truck was eazy. The hard part will be bringing it down the stairs and the Lopi back out 413197f3a6d3c5cc4200890d83a5246d.jpg64033e3758bd1c779c725d89c0277e03.jpg0a6ce40d5573327945a5aac364280829.jpga5236484221159b419c73acc9e9a0ba6.jpg
The rigging was just a little to long so I let the air out of both rear tires. Work perfect

Last edited:
Georgepds,taking it off the truck was eazy. The hard part will be bringing it down the stairs and the Lopi back out View attachment 197256View attachment 197257View attachment 197258View attachment 197259
The rigging was just a little to long so I let the air out of both rear tires. Work perfect

Fwiiw... I hired a mover to get mine from the truck terminal to the hearth. I expected a rigging crew . He showed up with 6 large men who carried it into place

A friend if nine manages a moving company and lives right down the street, I thought he would show up with some special moving device, he showed up with one guy and a heavy duty dolly and got it on my hearth in less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: acreid
Wow, I would have been very scared using that come-a-long. I've got a couple of those that I've destroyed/collapsed and it doesn't take much!

I found a very nice used Progress hybrid stove, about a hour away. I would like to hear what owners have to say about this stove? Any problems that I should look for? They are asking 2000 but the owner told me he is willing to go down some to move the stove out. They have it on a pallet and can load with forks, even have the receipt for what they paid for it. I just don't want to jump the gun without doing my homework. Thank everyone.
Fespo

LOVE LOVE LOVE the PH! I would ask why they are getting rid of it and then not hesitate for a second on snatching it up. Anywhere around $2000 is a steel for this stove! My new PH is coming on Tuesday and I can't wait to get it hooked up. We have been heating this winter so far with a Hearthstone lll and it is doing a much better job than our fireplace was doing. I am burning through WAY less wood and it is heating our 1900 sqft home better but still not great heat in the back bedrooms. I am super excited about how this PH is going to burn and heat! We have some good friends who have one and they LOVE theirs!